alegator
Gold

Re: How to slipstream SP3 into Dell OEM CD?

Rick and Tony (yes the original Dell disc is the blue/purple one), I finally used nLite and apparently it created the slipstreamed disc successfully, eventhough at one point a screen came up saying that the disc already had a SP integrated and that it couldn't integrate a new one. I ignored that screen and aaparently as I said the slipstream completed successfully. I used this created disc to repair a Windows XP Pro SP3 installation. Autostreamer did not recognize my original CD so that's why I tried nLite.

Which program did you use to backup your drivers? And how did you integrate them into the disk? Any special file format needed for the driver files to be accepted by nLite? Thanks.

0 Kudos

alegator,

I have a program called wdrvbck1.rar by JerMar. I tried to locate it and I cannot find it. I can email a copy of the program to you. I will add you to my friends list so you can click contact, start a conversation with PudgyOne. I will provide you with the information there.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
alegator
Gold

Thanks Rick, I already accepted you as a friend.

0 Kudos

alegator,

Please click on the private conversation number in your user panel at the top of the page. The forum is messed up right now, so you probably have 3 messages. You can respond to one of them or just follow the instructions. To delete your private messages, click on view all and then you can delete them one by one.

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
alegator
Gold

Hi Rick. I already emailed you and replied your private message. Thanks.

0 Kudos
tgsmith
Diamond

Rick,

I found the freeware version of WinDriversBackup here:  http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/util/backup.html

According to the above link WinDriversBackup has changed to DriverGuide Toolkit-Commercial Version.

Tony

0 Kudos

Tony,

How long were you searching before you found a good download for this? I thought they didn't have it available online anymore. I acutally zipped the file as a .rar file and emailed it to alegator. I really liked that program for backing up drivers. My friend Toni, used to have it on her website but things got bad with the marrage and the website was no longer there.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
alegator
Gold

Rick and Tony, a friend recommended this free utility to backup drivers:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/

0 Kudos

alegator,

Sounds like the same program that I emailed to you and Tony found the link for, except it's in Spanish. I don't know Spanish, so I would be afraid of clicking on something wrong.

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

0 Kudos
tgsmith
Diamond

Rick,

The way I found it was to Google the filename wdrvbck1.rar.  The second link listed by Google was this site:  http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2007/PL2007FILEUTILITIES.php  which gave the link to the aplusfreeware.com site for the WinDrivers Backup Personal Edition.  

I'm good at Googling.

Tony

0 Kudos