Highlighted
Tjquinlan55
1 Copper

I am having problems reinstalling windows on my Alienware M17x R4

I have been trying to reinstall windows on this computer serveral times but still keep getting errors. My hard drive crashed so I lost recovery partition. Everytime it gets close to finshing install it gives me an error thats says Windows Setup could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware. I know the hardware is fine. It was working before new install. Bios reads the harddrive and system check, checks out ok on it. I was thinking I need to install drivers during or before install just not sure how. I also tried when you are on partition screen there is an option for load driver but when I browse off of my usb storage says no files found. I also dont have resource disc that came with computer. I have a new bought windows cd. If anyone can give me some suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thanks Tim

P.S.either reply on site or email me at <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK>

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: I am having problems reinstalling windows on my Alienware M17x R4

Tjquinlan55,

You will need to download the SATA drivers from www.support.dell.com and install them when it reads to install a driver. Take a look at the thread below.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos