Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2009 08:00

I need an exact driver

After I got some graphical-driver errors on Vista, I wanted to go back to XP. But when I insert the CD I get a bluescreen very fast. After researching the internet i found out that XP can't work with S-ATA and i need some drivers. So i used nLite + http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=de&l=de&s=gen&releaseid=R158601&SystemID=DIM_PNT_9200_XPS_410&servicetag=41R903J&os=WW1&osl=GE&deviceid=8615&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=2&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=41&fileid=211963,  but i doesn't worked, I still got the blue screen. So I guess it was the wrong driver. But the next problem is that i don't have the exact name of my harddrive, just "Intel Array", which doesn't help alot. I just got those Informations:

Dell Dimension 9200

Intel Core2 CPU 6420 @ 2.13 GHz

DDR2 SDRAM

DELL DXP061

Maybe someone can help me getting the exact driver to get Windows XP.

Thanks

14.4K Posts

January 6th, 2009 18:00

First are you running a Raid setup? if not for your system you need THIS file.  After you download it you must run the file to extract it before you can slipstream the files into the install disk. This file is normally the one that you use at OS install.

Also after you get the OS installed you need to follow the steps in THIS LINK on how to reload your remaining drivers and such.

You can find all drivers and software for you maching HERE

No Events found!