Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

November 17th, 2006 16:00

IE 6 Links, Favorites, Windows Taskbar, and All Programs Icons suddenly too large; Help resetting

When I booted one day all the above have large icons associated with the various entries. This wastes space and I want to go back to the small icons I have before. What is odd is that my Google toolbar, Standard Buttons, and address bar all have my usual small icons.

I have tried everything in particular the customize toolbar drop down where I choose small icons, but nothing changes..The  taskbar customize does not mention icon size.

I have no idea how this happened, maybe after the latest IE6 Security pack download, but I am not sure.  I certainly did not change anything.

Any help appreciated.

Greg

4.4K Posts

November 17th, 2006 17:00

Have you tried running a System Restore point to a recent date when all was running correctly?

2.4K Posts

November 17th, 2006 18:00

hi

have you try download IE7.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx

4.4K Posts

November 17th, 2006 21:00

Have you checked that your monitor resolution has not changed to a lower setting? that would make everything larger..

596 Posts

November 18th, 2006 14:00

greg100,Have you tried>right click start >properties>start menu>customize>choose large or small here>apply >ok? Also you could try right click desktop>properties>appearance tab>affects>make sure the large icon box is not checked.

125 Posts

November 19th, 2006 20:00

I appreciate all of the suggestions.

Have you checked that your monitor resolution has not changed to a lower setting? that would make everything larger?
Yes, it has not changed.

Have you tried>right click start >properties>start menu>customize>choose large or small here>apply >ok? Also you could try right click desktop>properties>appearance tab>affects>make sure the large icon box is not checked.

I have done both of the above and verified the settings as suggested but the problem persists.

There is something special about this group of toolbars. It appears that Customize the tool bar applies only to the Standard Buttons bar. Why the Links, Favorites, All Programs, and Taskbar icons should be linked to create the same large icon size when all the rest is small is puzzling.

Greg100
No Events found!