Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2006 10:00

IE Version 7

Microsoft has a download IE 7 Release Canidate. I have read the information I can find and tried to understand it. I am not clear on what a Release Canidate is? How does it-or does it- differ from a Beta version? Can I back out of it?

Thanks

12K Posts

September 15th, 2006 11:00

This is the mid point between the first beta and the final product.

12K Posts

September 15th, 2006 12:00

At this point, I don't care for it too much.

56 Posts

Can I uninstall it if causes headaches?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

I've been using it since it was released and like it much better than I.E.6. I haven't run into any problems with it.

4.4K Posts

September 15th, 2006 16:00

Yes, you can uninstall IE 7 RC1 from add/remove, which will roll back your system to IE 6.

8 Posts

September 18th, 2006 03:00

I recently downloaded IE7 RCI and personally I am not pleased with it as there are too may "bugs and glitches" in their current version.  After contacting MS Technical Support the technician agreed with my view and informed to go online and use the typical control panel, add/remove programs and then uninstall the IE7 and he informed me that IE6 will automatically download.  He is correct as this is exactly what happened.  You must be connected to the Internet for this application to automatically download IE6.

There are some who are quite pleased with IE7 so it is a personal choice.  Until MS releases a final version then and then will I only consider downloading it.

I am hopeful that this information will help you.

Mark

8 Posts

November 1st, 2006 00:00

I downloaded the RCI IE 7 and, in my view, there is much work to be done before I would consider using it.  To answer your question yes you can uninstall it and IE 6 will automatically replace it.  I received this information from Microsoft Technical Support and it works.

12K Posts

November 1st, 2006 01:00

IE 7 is final.
No Events found!