Highlighted

Imaging Precision 7710 with MDT 2013 U1

Jump to solution

All right, so my company has a try-buy 7710 that we're thinking of making our high end standard. This unit has 2x M.2 PCIe drives in it.

I have integrated the following hotfix into our installation wim for Windows 7 (not necessary in the boot wim, since its WinPE 10): https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2990941

All of our drivers are successfully imported into MDT, and they're injected during the task sequence. However, when MDT reboots from PE into Windows, I get a BSOD 0x7B. When booting in safe mode, it crashes at DISK.SYS

All right. Tells me it's a driver issue then.

What driver do I need to remove / inject in order to get this functioning? I'm really trying to make a strong case about Dell to my manager, but issues like this make it really hard on my part.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
remenaker
Copper

RE: Imaging Precision 7710 with MDT 2013 U1

Jump to solution

Hello, we are having the same problem here. I have also tried to load Windows 7 from disk, the install does not even take place as the since the installer is asking for CD/DVD drivers. I have tried all the Chipset drivers, USB 3.0, USB 3.1, and all of those dont work.

Has anyone solved this yet?

0 Kudos
remenaker
Copper

RE: Imaging Precision 7710 with MDT 2013 U1

Jump to solution

Ok I found the solution. Its the NVMe driver is needed, here is a link to the Driver on HP's site. I was not able to find the driver on Dell's site.

h20564.www2.hp.com/.../detail

0 Kudos