Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 20th, 2009 03:00

Inspiron 1525 and windows 7 (32 bit) ?

Hello mates,

I have inspiron 1525 which i bought in last November. I am very much satisfied with my laptop coz till date i never experienced any issue with my vista ultimate 32 bit over my inspiron 1525.

Now i am thinking to change my OS to Windows 7 coz i find everywhere windows 7.

So i downloaded windows 7 ultimate 32 bit  and is willing to install over my inspiron 1525.

I have some queries regarding it :-

1. I want my dell media direct to work as it was working with my vista. I am afraid with compatibility with windows 7 32 bit? Is there any issue with media direct and windows 7 32 bit?

2. I have integrated web cam and i found in forum some issue with it after installing windows 7. But I want to any cure available for it or not?

3. Also LAN have some driver issue with windows 7? please give me the correct driver link.

4. Quick-set is also having some problem according to forum posts i observed.please let me know the fix for it?

5. Card Reader driver also needed .

6. Video (Graphics driver) also needed.

7. Touchpad has also some scrolling issue.

Please give me the updated drivers for my inspiron 1525 which work flawlessly with windows 7 (32 bit)

I request senior member to please help me out by posting the links of drivers which i can use to fix these issue. I am noob and also a girl so i dont have that much technical knowledge.

Thanks

15 Posts

December 20th, 2009 04:00

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor Report

Computer Name:

Operating System:

Windows Vista Ultimate

CPU:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz

Memory:

2.0 GB

Information about upgrading to 32-bit Windows 7

System

Details

Upgrade options available

You can upgrade to 32-bit Windows 7 Ultimate.

Go online to get detailed instructions on how to upgrade

7.2 GB free space available on C:

You need at least 16 GB of free space on your hard disk to install 32-bit Windows 7. You can make room by removing unwanted files from your hard disk, or contact your PC manufacturer or retailer to see if a hard disk with more capacity is available for your PC. You could also do a custom installation on another hard disk.

Learn more about custom installation

Windows Mail, Parental Controls (Web Filtering), and Ultimate Extras

These features are no longer included in Windows 7. You can get similar programs for Windows 7 from other software manufacturers.

Go to the Microsoft website to learn more

More info from Dell Inc.

Dell Inc. has a website that might give you more information about getting Windows 7 running on your PC.

Visit the Dell Inc. website

Windows Aero support

Your graphics adapter supports the Windows Aero user interface.

Go online to learn more about Windows Aero

CPU speed: 2.0 GHz

Your CPU meets the 1 GHz minimum requirement.

2.0 GB of RAM

Your PC meets the 1 GB minimum requirement.

Devices

Status

Details

Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini-Card

Broadcom

Unknown

We don't have compatibility information about this device.

Ricoh Memory Stick Host Controller

Ricoh Company

Check Windows Update

Check Windows Update after installing Windows 7 to make sure you have the latest driver for this device, otherwise it may not work.

Ricoh SD/MMC Host Controller

Ricoh Company

Check Windows Update

Check Windows Update after installing Windows 7 to make sure you have the latest driver for this device, otherwise it may not work.

Ricoh xD-Picture Card Controller

Ricoh Company

Check Windows Update

Programs

Status

Details

Cisco PEAP Module

version 1.0.12

Cisco Systems, Inc.

Update available

We don't have compatibility information about this version of the program.

Get an update to a compatible version

Marvell Miniport Driver

version 10.22.6.3

Marvell

Update available

We don't have compatibility information about this version of the program.

Modem Diagnostic Tool

version 1.0.20.0

Dell

Known issues

You may experience issues running this program on Windows 7. Before upgrading, we recommend uninstalling this program.

15 Posts

December 20th, 2009 23:00

I successfully installed windows 7 on my inspiron 1525 but encountered some problems like my bluetooth is able to send files to other device but not able to receive. My laptop is discoverable but not getting files from other device. During installation of drivers a error occurs which tell me that Bluetooth peripheral have some issue and cant be installed. Also i installed Media direct after installing windows 7. (I have media direct partition in hard drive which i made previously) but i am afraid to use it. Do i need to install media direct from start as i did it before ? or just installing media direct works for me?

Please help

15 Posts

December 21st, 2009 01:00

Media direct is working flawlessly :)

Now i need driver fix for bluetooth and fix for my Creative Labs Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy ADVANCED HD.

Anyone help me

4.6K Posts

December 21st, 2009 11:00

Now i need driver fix for bluetooth and fix for my Creative Labs Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy ADVANCED HD.

Re bluetooth:  Have you tried the Vista bluetooth drivers?

Re Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Advanced MB:  If it doesn't work when you run the setup file in 'Vista compatibility' mode, then... like quite a few other forum members... you're snookered :emotion-6:

Although Dell have apparently released an update for the X-Fi version of Advanced MB, they haven't released one for the Audigy version.

Whether the blame for that lies with Dell or Creative however, I'm not sure?

15 Posts

December 22nd, 2009 07:00

Bluetooth is fixed by installing R226750 which is made for 370

Now i have Audigy sound blaster and dell diagnostic utility issue left ...

I am trying to install dell diagnostic utility but it is giving error that parson is corrupt or not found... I am sure that partition is there. Some one please help me how to repair or install dell diagnostic utility...

1 Message

July 22nd, 2011 06:00

Hello mates,

I have inspiron 1525 which i bought in last November. I am very much satisfied with my laptop coz till date i never experienced any issue with my vista ultimate 32 bit over my inspiron 1525.

Now i am thinking to change my OS to Windows 7 coz i find everywhere windows 7.

So i downloaded windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and is willing to install over my inspiron 1525.

I have some queries regarding it :-

1. I want my dell media direct to work as it was working with my vista. I am afraid with compatibility with windows 7 32 bit? Is there any issue with media direct and windows 7 32 bit?

2. I have integrated web cam and i found in forum some issue with it after installing windows 7. But I want to any cure available for it or not?

3. Also LAN have some driver issue with windows 7? please give me the correct driver link.

4. Quick-set is also having some problem according to forum posts i observed.please let me know the fix for it?

5. Card Reader driver also needed .

6. Video (Graphics driver) also needed.

7. Touchpad has also some scrolling issue.

Please give me the updated drivers for my inspiron 1525 which work flawlessly with windows 7 (32 bit)

I request senior member to please help me out by posting the links of drivers which i can use to fix these issue. I am noob and also a girl so i dont have that much technical knowledge.

Thanks

No Events found!