Highlighted
rrrrookie
1 Copper

Inspiron 6000, password

how can I get back into my dell inspiron 6000 I forgot my password long story short.x serv code <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy> windows xp pro.is there a master password or a restore command I can do or f12 .I got to bios and changing the password doesn't work any help I would appreciate reply.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

RE: Inspiron 6000, password

If this a BIOS password you need to call Dell Technical Support, verify your ownership and pay for the support. Its not worth it for such an obsolete model.

If its a Windows password, you'll need to manually clean install Windows. Windows XP has reached end of life and its not recommended you continue using it. The hardware of the system is pretty poor so its not worthwhile upgrading it to Windows 7 32 Bit and the video will likely be incompatible with Windows 8.1 32 Bit or Windows 10 32 Bit.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
RV_ABZ
1 Nickel

RE: Inspiron 6000, password

For BIOS Admin password, there are password generation programs available on the web to get you back into your BIOS and unlock it. This old Inspiron 6000 should display a #<service tag>-595B code on screen and all -595B laptops can easily be unlocked.

I confirm the previous statement: performance under Win7 is kind of poor on the Inspiron 6000 and GMA915 graphics not fully supported (no Win7 drivers means requirement to install XP ones). This is a very old laptop that has long reached obsolescence.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Inspiron 6000 | Precision 670 | Vostro 200ST | Latitude D430/D620/D630 | Latitude E6220/E6230/E6440 | Latitude 7490
0 Kudos