Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2012 02:00

Inspiron N5110 Windows 7 Factory Image Restore Problems

Hello,

I am having issues with the speed of my internet connection from my Inspiron N5110, several IT people have looked at it and can't figure out what is wrong, I've tried several suggested fixes with no success.  So I am resorting to the final suggestion I haven't tried yet, to re-install windows.  I bought the laptop last year and it came with windows 7 already installed.  Unfortunately, I'm currently overseas, I can't remember if I received a system disk from Dell (I don't think I did) and can't access it even if I did.  I have Dell local backup on the laptop, but it is not working for some reason (just has an error saying "dell local backup has stopped working").  I haven't looked very hard at whether this can be fixed?

I have found (in computer management, disk management) that I do have a recovery portion in my C drive, which I understand in theory I should be able to restore the factory image from this.  When I follow the instructions on the Dell website to restore to factory settings (by pressing F8 on startup, going to "repair your computer" etc) there is no option for "dell factory restore image".  So this doesn't work.

I have been searching around for the last couple and found a number of similar queries, I've tried several versions of suggested ways of doing this and so far have had no luck. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Carys

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 15th, 2012 04:00

You may use downloadable retail media and phone activation. For this follow my two wikies in my signature. Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Downloads and A Clean Install of Windows. Skim over both wikies once before beginning.

July 25th, 2012 13:00

Hi Carys,

Welcome to the Community.

As I understand that you have tried different troubleshooting for this issue I would like to know if you have tried disabling the N mode of the Wireless adapter from the Device manager. If you have not, please try the following steps.

Open device manager, locate the wireless network adapter, right Click and select properties. Please find the Advance tab and check if the N mode is enabled. If so please disable the same.

Set the Roaming aggression to the Maximum. Also turn off the Bluetooth Collaboration.

Please check the power management option for the wireless card and Confirm it is set for the maximum performance both for Battery and on Power.

In case you have tried all this and you would like to try a factory image restore please refer the following steps. It explains how you restore the factory image though "repair my computer" option.

Remove all external peripherals.

Turn on the computer.

As the computer starts, press on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

Press the on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press .

Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.

From the set of options that you have please select “Dell data safe local and emergency backup”

Select the second option on the next page that says “select other system backup and more options”

Select the option “restore my computer” on the next page.

Next step Click on the “factory image” which will be mentioned in the box and proceed to next.

If you have saved all your important data you can select the second option “restore without preserving new or changed files” proceed next.

Select “ Yes Continue” within approximately 30 minutes the system prompts for a restart.

Please restart and complete the set up and see how it goes.

Thanks & Regards

Dell_Swapnajan_MC

Dell Social Media Responder

https://twitter.com/DellCares

http://www.facebook.com/Dell

April 10th, 2013 05:00

Thank you so much its work for me.

Best Regards,

Shookrullah Quraishi

No Events found!