Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2011 04:00

Installing W7Pro over OEM W7Fam

Hi,

I just bought an Inspiron One 2310 and was unable to have it configured without the o/s. I would like to know if I can reformat and install my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit version and be sure that all the DELL specific hardware drivers will be found and work. Also if there are any negatives to doing what I want? Thanks for your assistance and feedback.

Regards, Lisa

3.7K Posts

February 16th, 2011 07:00

Hi,

I just bought an Inspiron One 2310 and was unable to have it configured without the o/s. I would like to know if I can reformat and install my Windows 7 Professional 64-bit version and be sure that all the DELL specific hardware drivers will be found and work. Also if there are any negatives to doing what I want? Thanks for your assistance and feedback.

Regards, Lisa

Hi Lisa. If the copy of Win 7 Pro is retail, then you should have no problems, as the retail version carry a lot of drivers. The only thing you may need to look for, will be 3rd party hardware. However, if you format the HD, then any software will be lost, includes your D Restore which will take your system back to factory state.

14.4K Posts

February 16th, 2011 09:00

Before you start, go to device manager and make a note of all the hardware components installed.

This will make looking for the latest specific drivers on the dell site a breeze.

I would download all the latest drivers and save them on to removable media as the driver disc you got from dell may have the latest drivers.

No Events found!