EzzAlden
1 Copper

Re: Installing Windows XP on Dell Inspiron N5010 Laptop

Great Post

My laptop is INSPIRON N5010 with ICore3 ,INTEL HD ,  I would like you to help me with my AHCI drivers for my Intel(R) 5 Series 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller where can I install it? I googling a lot but I fail , I need it to slipstreamed it with my XP CD for install , because I don't want to disable SATA!! as you sayed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idbud
1 Copper

0 Kudos
EzzAlden
1 Copper

Hi idbud

Thanks so much for this Quick Help!! will try it right away , I Owe you idbud

Thanks idbud

0 Kudos
Highlighted
EzzAlden
1 Copper

hi idbud

I really don't know what to say , you such a good man and I talking to you now guys from xp , and all drivers works just fine , the laptop is so good with xp .. But i have a SMALL problem , when I open video i get crash in system and can't do anything must to shutdown it and open it again , I use K-lite codec , and I see the icons in the right bar in msn icon and internet , bluetooth icons that all icons is look not good in color ,  My VGA driver is INTEL HD and I don't know what I have to do ???

Notice: some of my videos is work good and color is good every thing is good , but some times some videos crash my system down.

thanks  idbud

0 Kudos
victorrh
1 Copper

hi pouria
its very good topic thank you, my n5010 nottebook 2.53GHz 4GB RAM, I did all the procedures of the slipstreamed XP CD with AHCI, by installing all the drivers installed iata96enu even with it installed my windows xp performance in the first, 1,19 GHz and 2.92 GB ram. Needed help if I did something wrong or if I installed something wrong that could have happened, please a suggestion of someone who knows. thanks

0 Kudos
PouriaJ
1 Nickel

Hi Victorrh;

You did nothing wrong and everything is working fine for you. As your operation system is 32bits, there is no way to use anything more than 3GB of your installed memory. The same story exists with Win7 32bits too. If you want to take advantage of 4GB of RAM, you need to switch to 64bits OS versions. Your CPU frequency is also correct, the actual frequesncy of your quad core CPU is 1.19GHz and 2.53 is just an equalization.

Pouria

0 Kudos
victorrh
1 Copper

Pouria, thanks for the reply and the great post, was to help the grid.

0 Kudos