2 Bronze

Installing win 8 on inspiron 5521

Jump to solution

<body><p>I hav just bought inspiron 5521...I formatted entire HDD using ubuntu and when i tried to reinstall my win 8 back it didnt recognized bootable win 8 usb....the only OS it detected was win 7 professional 32 bit...i m screwed... i want my win 8 back and i didnt made any sort of backup or repair drive...so provide with.a concrete solution....i just hav bootable win 8 usb n tl how to install using IT ONLY win 8 on my laptop...sorry i m just adding threads bt i cant reply cozz of some problem with my scripts n plugins...Can u please provide solutions using emai n chat too using email...mine email is <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK>....n as some experts said to install same window that existed earlier bt i dont hav that...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
10 Diamond

Re: How to reinstall win 8 on inspiron 5521

Jump to solution

Did you make a bootable Dell boot and repair flash drive? If so, boot in UEFI mode and you can use it to restore the system to the way it shipped.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
2 Bronze

How to reinstall win 8 on inspiron 5521

Jump to solution
<body><p>See i bought a new Dell inspiron 5521 and i formatted whole laptop entire HDD using Ubuntu...but i wanted window for gaming.purpose but problem is that it doesnt detects bootable.win 8 usb...i m entirely screwed up and the only OS that it detected was win 7 professional 32 bit so i had to install that but i want my win 8 ....so tell the.solution<br><span style="font-family: 'arial black', 'avant garde'; font-size: large; "><br>
0 Kudos
10 Diamond

Jump to solution

Did you make a bootable Dell boot and repair flash drive? If so, boot in UEFI mode and you can use it to restore the system to the way it shipped.

View solution in original post

2 Bronze

Reinstalling win 8 on inspiron 5521

Jump to solution
<body><p>I hav just bought inspiron 5521...I formatted entire HDD using ubuntu and when i tried to reinstall my win 8 back it didnt recognized bootable win 8 usb....the only OS it detected was win 7 professional 32 bit...i m screwed... i want my win 8 back and i didnt made any sort of backup or repair drive...so provide with.a concrete solution....i just hav bootable win 8 usb n tl how to install using IT ONLY win 8 on my laptop...Thank u...
0 Kudos
10 Diamond

Re: Reinstalling win 8 on inspiron 5521

Jump to solution

As long as the version of 8 you have is the same as what the system shipped with you should be able to use it - power on and boot from the USB drive (in UEFI mode as long as the flash drive is set up to boot that way - if it isn't you'll need to boot in legacy mode and install 8 in legacy mode).

0 Kudos
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

Any way you can format the hard drive with NTFS? Maybe that is your problem.

Sam

Own: Dell Chromebook 11, Alienware M11xR2

Forum Member since 2004

"If your issue was resolved, please click  Yes ".

#idoNOTwork4Dell

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

No the version isnt same...pls help..my ques remains unanswered..

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Yes i can format my hdd as ntfs and its is in ntfs state only...

0 Kudos
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

How can i repair an IS when there is no OS in it...

0 Kudos