Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 28th, 2014 22:00

Intel Delayed Launcher

What is Intel Delayed launcher and does it need to be enabled at startup ?    Thanks in advance

4 Posts

January 29th, 2014 04:00

Gator957,

The "iastoriconlaunch.exe" or Intel's "Delay Launcher" is a startup application that is part of the Intel Rapid Recovery Technology. It is recommended to keep this process enabled at startup.

Read more about this executable below...

http://startups.glarysoft.com/IAStorIcon/IAStorIconLaunch.exe/52327/

http://www.herdprotect.com/iastoriconlaunch.exe-87b6e7fcf05f4f23aac6262d956f30891fbf9b34.aspx

http://windows.fyicenter.com/2474_Windows_8_Startup_IAStorIconLaunch.exe_Startup_Delayed_.html

Also, how to change startup items:

1 Message

May 20th, 2014 11:00

It is a system recovery measure that -- to simplify a bit -- allows you into your computer's operating system before any system files can be accessed by virus/malware. In a nutshell, if your system is attacked by a virus that loads during boot, you will be very thankful you have this enabled. On the other hand, it has a major impact on boot-time, so if you never end up using it, you'll have wasted about 30 seconds of your life every time you boot... Tough call to make, but I'd say if you consider your computer not very prone to virus exposure, don't bother, and if it is, keep it enabled.

1 Message

October 16th, 2016 17:00

the delayed launcher can also be a part of the "Intel Rapid Storage Technology". If thats the case, it is okay to disable. I have an SSD that i use for OS, software, and games that are multiplayer or have horrible load times. I have a HDD in my computer for everything else. In my case, the intel rapid storage technology is redundant, because my SSD is by Samsung and that comes with "Samsung Magician" which optimizes the SSD weekly. I disabled Intel Rapid Storage Technology. If you want to see what this specifically uses, open task manager and click the startup tab and expand the entry for the delayed starter. If it is for the rapid storage technology then it is most likely not necessary. If it is for what was mentioned above, i use bitdefender for startup defense.

1 Message

November 24th, 2016 18:00

Device Coverage — Norton vs Bitdefender

In this aspect, Bitdefender might disappoint you! if we take the case of Norton Antivirus, it can be seen that all of its security packages are available for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS. That is, you are going to have streamlined level of protection in all your platforms. However, in Bitdefender, mobile security suite is available for Android only. So, in case if you were looking for multi-device support, you have to go with Norton.

antivirusinsider.com/.../

1 Message

November 13th, 2018 13:00

The “iastoriconlaunch.exe” or Intel’s “Delay Launcher” is a startup application that is part of the Intel Rapid Recover Technology. Intel Rapid Recover Technology is in turn a feature of the Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

You can know more about it below

https://www.scuttlenet.com/what-is-intel-delayed-launcher-and-should-i-disable-it/

1 Message

September 17th, 2020 10:00

The delayed launcher is a windows startup application that is actually a part of Intel’s Rapid Recover Technology. The actual process of delay launcher can be found as “IAStorIconLaunch.exe” in your windows task manager process table. Usually, IAStorIconLaunch.exe delays the windows OS startup process for 30 to 60 seconds.

Check this brief explanation about Intel delayed launcher

2 Posts

September 9th, 2021 08:00

@EebsterBerg wrote:

It is a system recovery measure that -- to simplify a bit -- allows you into your computer's operating system before any system files can be accessed by virus/malware. In a nutshell, if your system is attacked by a virus that loads during boot, you will be very thankful you have this enabled. On the other hand, it has a major impact on boot-time, so if you never end up using it, you'll have wasted about 30 seconds of your life every time you boot.... Also make sure to send robux to friends and help others. Tough call to make, but I'd say if you consider your computer not very prone to virus exposure, don't bother, and if it is, keep it enabled.

Thank you for this

2 Posts

September 12th, 2021 20:00

hy guys please cek link in here for solve you problem 

No Events found!