Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 5th, 2013 08:00

Intel rapid storage cant be installed

Im using Inspiron 14z 5432, Win7 i made a new installation with AHCI and My bios is A12... I tried to install the intel rapid storage softwware ,once installed the OS... its gives alert message" your system does not meet minimum requirements"

1.5K Posts

July 5th, 2013 11:00

Hi iramshiv,

To install the Intel Rapid Storage software you need to install the operating system with iSRT mode enabled in BIOS. You need to change ‘SATA operations’ as ‘Intel Smart Response Technology’ instead of AHCI in BIOS. You should be able to install Intel Rapid Storage after installing Windows 7 with iSRT enabled. After enabling iSRT in BIOS, you may follow the steps below to install Windows 7.

> Go to RAID BIOS and disable accelerate option for SSD (Only if HDDs are not detected while OSRI) (Use Ctrl+I)

> Initiate OSRI

> Install all the drivers including Intel Rapid Storage Software

> Then follow the steps below:

1. Run the Intel RST software through the All Programs menu or the task bar icon.
  2. Click Enable acceleration under either the Status or Accelerate menu.

3. Select the SSD to be used as a cache device.

4. Select the size from the SSD to be allocated for the cache memory.

Note : Any remaining space on the SSD may be used for data storage using the simple data single-disk RAID 0 volume that is automatically created.

5. Select the drive (or RAID volume) to be accelerated. It is highly recommended to accelerate the system volume or system disk for maximum performance.

6. Select the acceleration mode. By default, Enhanced mode is selected.

Note: Enhanced mode: Acceleration is optimized for data protection.
Maximized mode: Acceleration is optimized for input/output performance.

7. Click OK. The page refreshes and reports the new acceleration configuration in the Acceleration View. Your system is now successfully configured with the Intel Smart Response Technology.

Once this is done the SDD drive will not be visible in windows.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.    

14 Posts

July 5th, 2013 21:00

Thanks for the reply.... But how to get into RAID BIOS?

1.5K Posts

July 8th, 2013 18:00

Hi iramshiv,

You may press + to enter the raid BIOS as mentioned in the previous post. Follow the next steps, once you are able to enter the raid BIOS.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist you.

14 Posts

July 8th, 2013 23:00

Hy, ctrl + i is not working.....

1.5K Posts

July 9th, 2013 17:00

Hi iramshiv,

You may try installing the operating system without making any changes to RAID BIOS. Enable iSRT in BIOS and reinstall the operating system. Once operating system is installed, you may install all the drivers along with ‘Intel Rapid Storage’ software. For correct order of drivers install, please refer to the link: http://dell.to/12kg7ed.

Hope this helps. please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

14 Posts

July 9th, 2013 22:00

If I enable "ISRT" in bios it shows only "SSD" for installation ... So, I selected "load driver" option and loaded the "MOBILE EXPRESS CHIPSET SATA RAID CONTROLLER", even after it shows only SSD for installation.

1.5K Posts

July 10th, 2013 19:00

Hi iramshiv,

As the operating system is already installed on the hard drive in AHCI mode, it seems the system is not able to recognize it in ISRT mode. I would suggest you to format the hard drive and then try to install Windows 7 with iSRT enabled. You may refer to the link: http://bit.ly/QJ0FEh.

*Note: Formatting hard drive includes data loss. i would recommend you to back up all the data before formatting.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

14 Posts

July 10th, 2013 23:00

So, i should get into CMD in Advanced option using Win 7 DVD. Create those steps as in link, in my HDD. and install Win 7 with ISRT,  Am i right??? and any changes should be made in my SSD?

1.5K Posts

July 11th, 2013 19:00

Hi iramshiv,

That is absolutely correct. You don’t have to make any changes to the SSD to install windows 7.

14 Posts

July 18th, 2013 00:00

I have successfully installed the isrt now. but there's no option for acceleration....

1.5K Posts

July 18th, 2013 17:00

Hi iramshiv,

Thank you for the information. Please let me know if the operating system is installed on the normal hard drive or SSD. If it is already installed on SSD then there is no need to accelerate it as the system should already boot faster and the option of enabling acceleration will not reflect even though iSRT is installed. You may try changing some settings in BIOS and then try to enable acceleration, if operating system is installed on normal HDD. Please follow the steps below:

• Power on the system and tap at the ‘Dell’ logo
  • Go to ‘Advanced’
  • Please ensure Intel Smart Connect and Rapid Start Technology both are enabled.
  • Press to ‘Save Changes and Exit’

14 Posts

July 28th, 2013 22:00

Still no acceleration option available and i cant install iRST.....! (Intel Rapid Start Technology) .  It says error message" the system does not meet the minimum requirements" while installing and while starting up, it say's " you haven't enabled intel rapid start technology".

1.5K Posts

July 30th, 2013 19:00

Hi iramshiv,

Please ensure the ‘SATA Operations’ is set to iRST in BIOS. You may follow the steps below:

• Power on the system and tap at the ‘Dell’ logo
  • Change the ‘SATA Operations’ listed under ‘Advanced’ tab to Intel® Smart Response Technology.
  • Hit and select ‘Save and Exit’.

Hope this helps. please feel free to reply for any further assistance.

No Events found!