Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 10th, 2011 19:00

Internet Explorer 9 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a windows 7 540s. I also have AT&T as my internet  provider.  I recently started noticing that when I would send my emails out to friends. I wasn't getting a, ( message sent)  to confirm that they were sent. Finally AT&T told me that the Internet Explorer 9 was the problem. They set up FireFox as my email provider so I wouldn't have the problem. Well I deleted the Internet Explorer 9 and I am now using Internet Explorer 8. I didn't like FireFox. I am now being told the Internet Explorer is not supported by Micrsoft. Would anyone know what might cause a problem like this or maybe there might be a fix for it. Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks Again as always,

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

September 17th, 2011 16:00

PAS35 power down your computer and hold F12 while powering up. Run the diagnostics and any extended tests.

If the hardware checks out you should try a clean install following my instructions below, doing so in the order I listed should prevent many software problems which you might be experiencing.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 11th, 2011 04:00

This forum section is for hardware problems.  Your problems are "Software" and should be posted in the Software section.

First, the browser, unless you are using a web based e-mail service, has nothing to do with e-mail.  Your e-mail program, such as "Windows Live Mail" sends and receives e-mails.  

Repost on the Software section  Click Me   for more assistance.  Along with the PC Model Number also include your Operating System (e.g. Vista, Windows 7, etc) and what program you are using for e-mail. We can't really help you without this basic information.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

July 11th, 2011 05:00

Backup all your data and reinstall windows 7.  That will get you back  to internet explorer 8.

Internet explorer 9 breaks things that's why its a must have update from microsoft.

8 Posts

September 17th, 2011 15:00

I'm having major problems with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit using IE 9, if I'm on a web page like Dell and I click on a hyperlink the next page opens blank nothing, I can't even get to Dell Chat for support. I need help too. After Dell sent a tech to my home he came 3 times, 3 motherboard, 1 fan, 1 webcam, 1 power adapter slot & replaced my harddrive without asking..My printer no longer works with my laptop, can't even reinstall it.  Microsoft sent me all these apps to use nothing, can't even get a reply back.  I am really at my wits end.  Have to reinstall Windows & Ultimate twice sice April is ot good, my laptop is only just a year old last week.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

September 17th, 2011 16:00

What system do you have?  Is there a specific reason/thing in this thread that made you post here rather than starting a new thread?

No Events found!