Annie70
4 Germanium

Internet Explorer-Multiple Windows

I have been searching for a solution on how to have multiple windows open in Internet Explorer. I have Goggled, and looked on the Microsoft Site. Is there a setting/s to have Internet Explorer do this automatically? I have the latest Internet Explorer with SP2.

Forum Member Since 2001

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ajmi81978
2 Iron

Re: Internet Explorer-Multiple Windows

?????????????????????????????????

Just open IE again, the same way you opened it the first time, and a 2nd IE window will open...

0 Kudos
jwatt
4 Ruthenium

aps@sun,

Is this what you're looking for? "Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Browsing/Reuse windows for launching shortcuts"

Jim
0 Kudos
Annie70
4 Germanium

ajjm... yes, your method seems to work.

jimw, yes, I  unchecked "reuse windows for launching shortcuts", however I did not notice any difference. Am I missing some step here to get this to work so each click brings up another page. I am trying to have multiple parts pages open at the same time.

Forum Member Since 2001

0 Kudos
jwatt
4 Ruthenium

aps@sun,

Shift-click will open a link in a new window. That's an override to whatever the "anchor" in the site's HTML specifies the "target" to be. For example, "target=_blank" is generated by the Dell GUI forum editor, which causes the behavior to be "open in a new window". With no "target" specified, the default is to open the link in the same window.

Here's a tutorial section illustrating the various values for "target".

Jim
0 Kudos