Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 22nd, 2010 13:00

Internet Explorer Search Provider Errors Message

Starting this morning, everytime I access a WEB page using my default Internet Browser (IE8), I get the following message......

A program on your computer has corrupted your default search provider setting for Internet Explorer.     Internet Explorer has reset this setting to your original search provider, Bing (www.bing.com).   Internet explorer will now open Search Settings, where you can change this setting or install more search providers"

No matter what I do on the page it directs me to, no changes can be made and the problem continues.  I am using Vista (32b) and IE8.  I haven't made any changes to the computer ... it just started doing this today...  I searched the IE for answers but they all involve the registry which I am not comfortable with working with... Help Please

308 Posts

November 23rd, 2010 10:00

Problem resolved after trial and error... I restored the computer to a time before the latest MS updates were installed.  It then worked fine.. I then reinstalled each update one at a time and after each installation I tested the computer.. worked fine.. Finally all updates were installed and it now works OK.. Mystery to me???

159 Posts

November 23rd, 2010 13:00

Maybe previous time you installed updates, an error occurred and it caused your IE to don't work fine and after uninstalling and reinstalling updates, updates installed true and now it works fine. Its my estimation. I have seen such problems in IE and sometimes it needs to be reinstalled.

No Events found!