Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2007 04:00

Internet Explorer problems on Vista. After browsing a while, IE starts malfunctioning. HELP!!

Whenever I browse websites on internet explorer 6 on Vista for a little while,  Internet Explorer starts to act bad.  It starts to fail to display pages and causes my entire computer to stop responding when trying to open applications, folders, more internet explorer windows, or anything.  But if I close some of the IE windows, or close IE completely, the computer starts to act normal again.  Tech support has been NO help for this, can someone help??? This problem is soooo annoying and my PC is only 3 weeks old. 

65 Posts

April 2nd, 2007 05:00

Sorry I meant Internet Explorer 7, not 6...

6 Posts

April 2nd, 2007 08:00

Obviously this problem is common - we had the sample problem, Internet Explorer simply kept crashing and every 3 hours we were rebooting our work computers.

We tried to solve the problem - but failed to locate the actual fault but we did find that the file system was running extremely slowly and found corruptions on our file server due to incompatibilities with Vista and our infrastructure.

The only advise I can give is a clean install of vista and make sure everything is upto date, especially drivers. Make sure the BIOS is upto date.

If all this fails you might have to wait until Microsoft sort this problem out or move to Windows XP and install IE7 on that - which is eventually what we had to do.

Sorry I can't be more help - hopefully someone can give you a better solution.

17 Posts

April 2nd, 2007 13:00

I have the same problem on our Vista Home Premium, IE7 crashes and locks up the computer. The Desktop Explorer also crashes all the time too.

Sent off Problems to Microsoft numerous times with no response and no Solution to their dysfunctional IE7 in Vista

65 Posts

April 5th, 2007 04:00

I think I may have fixed this issue on my pc.  I uninstalled the Google Desktop (not talking about the toolbar, I did that too but it had no effect) and so far Internet Explorer is running fine.  Try doing this guys and see if it works. 
No Events found!