Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 4th, 2009 14:00

Internet explorer not responding.

The screen freezes, cannot close the page,sometimes I get a message saying explorer is not responding,options to ..close the program.....find a solution and restart the program,.....very annoying. I have disabled a few add ons but still occurring.Please help, thanks

134 Posts

April 4th, 2009 14:00

What version of IE are you running? If its IE6 have you tried IE7 ? If you have IE7, have your tried to upgrade to IE8?

Thanks

1.1K Posts

April 6th, 2009 17:00

Hi ppidunne

As indicated by Irish2009, when asking for help it’s always best to provide as much information as possible

E.g. Windows & IE version

If error message is “Internet Explore has encountered a problem and…the inconvenience.”

When you click the error message Don’t Send button, does IE then close?

Does error only happen when you try to close IE browser?

1 Message

June 13th, 2009 23:00

Ok, lets see if I got the rest of the info right this time.  I use Windows Vista, I was using IE 7 as it was and I tryed it after it was reset.  The freezing continued to happen but not at all web sites.  Most often at ones like Tagged and MySpace since I'm on those the most.  It has gotten to the point to when it freezes that when it happens there is no error message at all, the screen just stops and the only working buttons on Explorer are the Minimize and the close button.  Once closed it can be openned immediatly back up but within a few minutes if I go to certain web sites or it just takes a notion it will freeze again.  I run Windows Defender, Spybot, and Norton Internet Security.  I am connected to the network thru a router.  I switched to IE8 and still had the same problem.  There was no change what so ever.  I understand there was a problem with Google and IE 8 so I uninstalled everything I could find of that.

2 Posts

February 26th, 2010 12:00

I have the same daily problem usingmy laptop with Vista, IE 8.0.6001 and Panda Internet Security - I have to use Task Manager to get out of the freeze.

It could happen at any time, and with different sites each day.

I noticed that you also use a router, as I do.......could it be that? I don't know a lot about routers, would that interfere? I have a desktop on the router that doesn't freeze so I'm thinking it's not that. But, the desktop is a Gateway so I don't know.

No Events found!