Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 27th, 2009 02:00

Is the dell Windows 7 upgrade site working?

https://win7.dell.com/

I've purchased 4 Laptops for my family in the last couple of month. I have tried to register for an upgrade but it keep on saying in less than a second!!  

"This system is not in our database yet. It can take up to 10 days from date of purchase for your service tag to be processed, so please try again at a later time. If more than 10 days have elapsed since date of purchase, please verify that you have entered the correct service tag and review the.

The other problem is that is the site works so slowly it take about five mintues to load each page.

Is Dell selling "windows 7 family pack" ?

Regards

Mark

October 27th, 2009 03:00

Hi Mark,

I had the same issue when I brought my laptop a month ago. The support pages eventually recognised my product key, even thought it say's it is some obscure 486 model. But the win 7 upgrade pages did not. I contacted dell using their Contact Us link and they set this up for me within a couple of days. I'm guessing this is because my Studio 15 was heavily customised.

When I 'purchased' my copy it was on the 22nd and the site was very slow, but that was the date Win7 came out so it was to be expected. When I logged in just now to check the status there wasn't a problem.

John

13 Posts

October 27th, 2009 20:00

Ordered mine on Oct 21. It took the ordered and stated ordered on Oct 22. On Oct 22 and Oct 23, they website were extremely slow. I have not gotten any updates from Dell. No response to emails as well .... useless ... My computer has not working right from day one. Dell couldn't resolved and wanted to reformat my computer what a joke. Their upgrade driver could not upgrade.  I am hoping to get Win7 to see if it helps but I felt like talking to a wall ...

6 Posts

October 28th, 2009 15:00

Just letting you all know that I had to contact the online customer services about the problem.
After a few days wait I had an e-mail back ....they apologized for the problems and now registered my service tags on the upgrade site.
I have now registered all my laptops and now just waiting for the disk in the post. --I hope we don't have another royal mail strike!

Many thanks

No Events found!