Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 30th, 2009 07:00

Just restored OS on Inspiron B130

Looking for some help from someone who's done this. Just restored the OS on my Inspiron B130 (windows XP) so starting bare bones. (No install discs so used the ctrl+F11 option) Just got done updating all windows updates, flash player, java and everything is working but very sluggish. Specs: 80G HD, 1.7MHz proc., and 2G RAM.

Short question, what am I missing on installs, updates, etc to get this at least back to near new-ish performance?

Thanks!

• 

16.7K Posts

January 30th, 2009 11:00

jsmittman,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

You could surely take a look to see if there are any updated drivers for this system from the title below. Are all your drivers installed?

Driver Page

2 Posts

January 31st, 2009 05:00

Jesse, Thanks for the quick response. I have visited the driver update page (a wonderful tool by Dell by the way) and updated/installed all drivers that were recognized from my tag. Unfortunately, it is still very sluggish. I'm not complaining too much as a once unusable laptop is now functioning. I guess I just expected it to be a bit closer to speeds, reaction/loading time, window function time (as you can tell I'm in no way shape or form a 'tech') from before it got bogged down. Still very very sluggish. But thanks for the direction! At least I know I'm on the right path.

No Events found!