Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 2nd, 2013 22:00

Just upgraded my XPS 420 to Win 7 64 - But where are the drivers?

As I stated in the subject of my post, I finally rid myself of that headache known as Vista and migrated to Windows 7 64 bit. The bluetooth keyboard and mouse bundle works (obviously) on this XPS 420, however, that's about it. Although I was concerned about the the connectivity prioir to installing Win 7, I found that wasn't the problem. Actually, the mouse in particular is barely functional. It points, but that's about it. Not cutting and pasting - no nothing. So I searched and searched for the drivers for my keyboard/mouse bundle and all I located were Vista 64 bit drivers that were not compatible with Win 7. I went to Logitech.com, the manufacturer of these devices, but had no luck there as well. So, does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can find drivers for my XPS 420?

Mouse = UN733

Keyboard = M/N: Y-RAQ-DEL2

Thank you in advance!

UMRK

22 Posts

March 29th, 2014 18:00

So with the current drivers, only the stereo jacks work. The sub-woofer, and two rear speaker jacks have no output. So, it seems to me that either I have discovered faulty jacks, or I have something other than onboard Sigmatel audio. Care to speculate?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

April 1st, 2014 03:00

Right click the volume icon and then select playback devices.

Then right click the Sigmatel Speakers and select configure

You should now get speaker setup. If you are on stereo only then only the green port should work and you need to change accordingly to your speaker configuration (probably 5.1 surround).

February 13th, 2016 09:00

Hey UMRK .. I know this is rather an old topic, but I am not seeing that you were ever successful in getting the Bluetooth device to operate properly on your XPS420. I have the same problem after a W7 install. Could you please update me (us!) on what you finally did to solve this problem?

Thanx, ^..^~~

22 Posts

February 22nd, 2016 12:00

This problem was definitely a pain, especially with the win 7 - 64 bi OS...but I did overcome it. Essentially the problem was resolved by reinstalling the drivers that that came with the keyboard/mouse combo. One of the frequent posters/tech guys sent me a link. I will look for it and post it here once I located it.

No Events found!