Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2009 19:00

MS internet explorer

I have a 1 year old INSPIRON.

Beginning A few days ago I can't access internet explorer.

What happens is an IE full window comes up, then a smaller IE window which says: "Internet Explorer has stopped working".

There is a reference to some help for an explanation which says "this is a known problem; update software"

I have rebooted the PC three times and have run software update & rebooted.

Apparently this pc does not come with the OS on a CD so that I could reload the system.

Are there any other remedies I should try?

thanks for any suggestions

Artie

4.4K Posts

January 23rd, 2009 03:00

A 1 year old Inspiron should have PC Restore built in, allowing you to restore to factory new condition.  That is, unless the hard drive has been manually reformatted already.  Directions here:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&docid=3E48AE3870775D64E040A68F5B2877D4&journalid= 6052E4F6AF1502D8E040AE0AB8E1737F&Query=&SystemID=&ServiceTag=&contenttype= &os=&component=&lang=&doclang=en&toggle=&dl=false

4.6K Posts

January 25th, 2009 12:00

Welcome to the forums Artie :emotion-21:

What OS are you using?

You should've received an OS disc - and various other discs (Media Direct, Drivers & Utilities, Roxio etc), with your system?

Since you didn't get the OS disc at least, you need to request backup discs :emotion-55:

In the meantime...you might want to try the free Repair IE?

If that doesn't work, it would probably be worth trying a reinstall of Internet Explorer?

3.7K Posts

January 25th, 2009 14:00

Hi haroldschessler, What you can do is to dump IE, and download FireFox from HERE. That "Internet Explorer has stopped working" is an common error in IE.

No Events found!