rahulkota87
1 Copper

Microsoft Office Student SEA 2010 no cd??

Jump to solution

Hi ppl just needed some clarity.

I purchased the office pack

I got the activation key and my office 2010 is working fine.

Well what will i do in case of re-installation?

No CD so how will i install it???

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobinBredin
5 Tungsten

Re: Microsoft Office Student SEA 2010 no cd??

Jump to solution

Robin as the Dell supplied is probably an "OEM" version, I wonder if that will work with a "Retail" version?

The Retail and OEM versions of Office are the same. The only thing different is the product key, were OEM is tied to the mobo, and retail can be moved, just like the Student version of Win 7 and retail version of Win 7, again the only thing different is the product key.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

5 Replies
7- Thorium

Jump to solution

Call Dell ASAP and request the Discs.  Dell will only replace missing discs, for optional software, in the first 30 days.

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
RobinBredin
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

Hi ppl just needed some clarity.

I purchased the office pack

I got the activation key and my office 2010 is working fine.

Well what will i do in case of re-installation?

No CD so how will i install it???

Hi, Why dont you down load it from here, and use your key, as it will be the same version.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try/try-office-2010-FX101868838.aspx?WT.mc_id=mscom_enus_bnr_tryq3

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
7- Thorium

Jump to solution

Robin as the Dell supplied is probably an "OEM" version, I wonder if that will work with a "Retail" version?

I am not a Dell Employee

Dell forum member since 2002

Dell Inspiron 15 - 5577 Laptop

Home Built Desktop PC with ASUS ROG Z170, i7 6700K CPU

Windows 10 64 bit Pro and Windows 10 Insider Program Beta Versions. SSD drives. Cakewalk by BandLab and Studio One 4.1 Recordng Studio Software.

Dell S2719dgf Monitor

Member of Nashville based R.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
RobinBredin
5 Tungsten

Jump to solution

The Retail and OEM versions of Office are the same. The only thing different is the product key, were OEM is tied to the mobo, and retail can be moved, just like the Student version of Win 7 and retail version of Win 7, again the only thing different is the product key.

Highlighted
rahulkota87
1 Copper

Jump to solution

thanks i checked that

came to know that i need to keep my product key safe and in case of reinstallation i will have to download it...

thanks for reply

0 Kudos