Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

July 23rd, 2010 16:00

Microsoft Outlook 2007

I HAVE CREATED TWO EMAIL ADDRESSes in Outlook. How to I switch back and forth between the two addresses?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

July 24th, 2010 08:00

You set up each address as a separate email account--Tools, Accounts, Add new acct. You have to choose one to be the default acct, but you can choose to use the other acct by selecting it from the account list before sending an email. Outlook help has more info.

2.7K Posts

July 24th, 2010 12:00

I have the two email addresses established/created. I just cannot figure out how to switch back and forth from each one. I have looked in Oulook Help.  I did not find an answer.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

July 24th, 2010 14:00

Switch back and forth for what ... checking for new mail or sending from one account or another.

Sending - choose from the Account dropdown after creating your accounts:

New mail (should show all of your configured accounts as below):

2.7K Posts

July 24th, 2010 16:00

theflash1932,  Your pictures helped.  I wanted to send from my second account.(' Sending - choose from the Account drop down after creating your accounts:') I never noticed the word account before when I sent a new email. One problem solved. 

Under Mail Folders>All Mail Items, I see you have several email accounts showing. I do not. So I must be missing a setting. Would you have any idea where this setting would be?   Mine starts with Personal Folders>deleted items>drafts, in box, etc.  I want to have both my accounts showing. 

Thanks for responding. Annie

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

July 25th, 2010 00:00

Hmm .... they should be added to the Mail Folders automatically when you create/add a new account.  If you go to Tools, Account Settings, do they both show on the Email tab?  And is there a Data File set up for it under the Data File tab?  What kind of accounts do you have (imap, exchange, pop)?

2.7K Posts

July 25th, 2010 05:00

Under Tools>Account Settings>Email Tab, both email accounts are listed. The first account is checked as default.  Both email accounts are pop. Both accounts seem to have a Data File set up for each email account under the Data File tab. The data file seems to be the same for each account.

3.7K Posts

July 25th, 2010 07:00

You set up each address as a separate email account--Tools, Accounts, Add new acct. You have to choose one to be the default acct, but you can choose to use the other acct by selecting it from the account list before sending an email. Outlook help has more info.

That's what I did on my Outlook 2010.

No Events found!