mikem1959
1 Copper

Microsoft word

I am having trouble with Word, when it comes up it says it expired and I need a product code to continue, I need to be able to work on my Resume to make changes and I am not able to, What do I do?????

0 Kudos
5 Replies
9 Rhodium

Re: Microsoft word

If you purchased Word (or Office) with the system, the code is on the disc packaging.  If you did not purchase it (it is optional) you will need to -- the standard system will come with a limited trial of Word, not a full version.

0 Kudos
mikem1959
1 Copper

Where do I buy the Disc and is it called Microsoft Word and then when I get it all I do is Download it right??

0 Kudos
Qazaq Asarius
1 Nickel

The disk and the License can be purchased from Dell or many stores such as Bestbuy, Staples, etc., 

Here is a link to the product on dell.com

<http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Business_and_Office/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&c...>

In the mean time you can use OpenOffice, to edit and work on and even save the files you were working on, You can get it from: <http://www.openoffice.org/>

Good Luck, and remember if Yah do buy the Microsoft Office to keep the product key and disks, as it will be rather useful in the future if yah need to reinstall windows for some reason. ^_^

Let me be very, very clear. You do NOT want to click Here.  

0 Kudos

mikem1959,

Download Open Office, it's FREE. Works just like Microsoft Word, Excel, etc...

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

0 Kudos
7 Plutonium

If you're a student, you can usually get the "Student/Teacher" edition of Microsoft OFFICE for less than the "'standard' price. You can't just buy Microsoft Word. You buy Microsoft Office 2007 which includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Publisher.

Ron

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos