cochoochoo
1 Nickel

Mirror Driver??

I had to disable something called a "HP RC Mirror Driver" that was in the same category as the ATI video card displayed in Device Manager.  This driver was causing BSODs when switching users.  What is this driver used for and can it eliminated?  I hope it isn't needed, because as soon as I disabled it, is dissappeared.  This is on an Inspiron 530 with Vista.

Chris

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: Mirror Driver??

cochoochoo,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

I am not sure what HP RC Mirror Driver is. It may have something to do with the chipset. If your system is working better without it installed then, I would not worry too much about it.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Where do I find my Dell PC Service Tag or Express service code?
Where do I post SA (SupportAssist) issue/questions?
0 Kudos
photodr
1 Copper

Re: Mirror Driver??

cochoochoo,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

I am not sure what HP RC Mirror Driver is. It may have something to do with the chipset. If your system is working better without it installed then, I would not worry too much about it.

I would worry!  Obviously this person had HP tech support take over their computer.  The HP RC Mirror Driver is for remote control screen drivers.  It is supposed to uninstall after the session is over but rarely does.  Often systems with this driver installed will have random BSODs.  Uninstall it!

0 Kudos