Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2010 11:00

Missing Dell Support Software

I have a 5 year old inspiron 6000 Dell laptop. I'm getting a message saying "The path 'C:\Documents and Settings\Jess\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\3Q5TL8CA\dell_support_center[1].msi' cannot be found."

I was trying to install quicktime when the message came up. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 5th, 2010 15:00

Not sure why a Quicktime installation would be looking for that file. But the missing  .msi file is  the Microsoft installation file for Dell Support Center.  Even if Quicktime needs it, I don't know why it would be looking for it in the ...\Temporary Intermet Files\ ... folder. Have you searched your hard drive for that file to see if it exists elsewhere on the hard drive?

You may need to go into Add/Remove Programs control panel and uninstall Dell Support Center. You can download and install a new copy of Dell Support Center from here for either 32- or 64-bit Windows.

Be sure to manually set a System Restore point before you uninstall or reinstall DSC, just to be safe.

Ron

24 Posts

March 5th, 2010 16:00

Download Firefox and download quick time via Firefox and make sure Firefox is the default browser and make sure you uninstall any old quick time installation since might be possible that an old version come with some Dell support installation that might be causing problem hope it helps 

1 Message

January 22nd, 2011 10:00

Casedillon,

I have the same problem  Dell_Support_Center[1].msi missing. Was there ever a solution to this problem.? I cannot get into the dell support center at all because of this.

Thanks. Mike Margrave

No Events found!