Highlighted
coffeepot2000
1 Nickel

My Dell Inspiron 15 - 5567 PC has crashed!! Help!!!

Hi,

I've just purchased a Dell Inspiron laptop 15 - 5567 laptop (Scratch and Dent) from the Dell Outlet and it has already crashed upon first use. I had switched it on and managed to set up a username and password and proceeded to customize my PC (Microsoft settings) when it suddenly showed a 'System Error' message (20% complete) and that the PC needed to restart. 

I waited for the PC to restart automatically but I don't think anything happened so I think I tried to restart it myself. But when I switched my PC back on again, it just 'hangs' on a PURPLE screen that says, "Just a moment..." I have waited for over 45 minutes and nothing happens!

I've tried switching it on and off again several times but I get the same purple screen with the same wait a moment message each time I try to restart it again. A couple of times upon switching the PC back on again the Dell logo would show before showing the purple screen again. But most of the time when I press the restart button it would go straight to the purple screen.

Does this mean that there is something seriously wrong with it? Does this sound like a serious or minor fault? I really wasn't expecting this upon first use.

Can anybody out there help????

Thanks!

N Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: My Dell Inspiron 15 - 5567 PC has crashed!! Help!!!

coffeepot2000,

Diagnostic LED

Instead of beep codes errors are indicated via the bicolor Battery Charge LED. A specific blink pattern is followed by flashing a pattern of flashes in amber, followed by white. The pattern then repeats.

Please contact Support at 1-800-624-9896 for warranty part replacement if needed.

A NOTE indicates important information that helps you make better use of your computer. NOTE:
The diagnostic pattern will consist of a two digit number being represented by a first group of LED blinks (1 through 9) in amber, followed by a 1.5 second pause with the LED off, and then a second group of LED blinks (1 through 9) in white. This is then followed by a three second pause, with the LED off, before repeating over again. Each LED blink takes 0.5 seconds.

The system will not shutdown when displaying the Diagnostic Error Codes.

Diagnostic Error Codes will always supersede any other use of the LED. For instance, on Notebooks, battery codes for Low Battery or Battery Failure situations will not be displayed when Diagnostic Error Codes are being displayed.

Blinking Pattern             Possible Problem                     Problem Description

Amber/ White

2          1                           CPU                                             CPU failure

2          2                        BIOS ROM failure                   System board failure (included                                                                                                 BIOS corruption or ROM error)

2          3                        Memory                                   No memory/ RAM detected

2          4                        Memory                                   Memory/ RAM failure

2          5                        Memory                                   Invalid memory installed

2          6                        Chipset                                    System board/ Chipset error

2          7                        LCD                                         LCD failure

3          1                        RTC power failure                   CMOS battery failure

3          2                        PCI/ Video                               PCI or Video card/ chip failure

3          3                        BIOS recovery 1                      Recovery image not found

3          4                        BIOS recovery 2                      Recovery image found but invalid

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
coffeepot2000
1 Nickel

Dear Jesse,

Thanks for your reply.

I don't know much about computers and When I try to reboot my PC there are no beep noises or anything like that. I had purchased my (Scratch and Dent) laptop from the Dell outlet in the UK. It still just 'hangs' on the same purple screen (which says, Just a moment...) each time I switch it back on again. I do have a one year warranty but to be honest I don't think I want it repaired as If it crashes again in the future when I am outside of the warranty period then I will be really annoyed. I don't want a replacement either now as the whole experience has put me off. People are returning them and that must be for a good reason.

I'm just concerned that I might not get a FULL REFUND as on the DELL OUTLET, UK website it says that they will deduct a fee from the refund if you have used the software and also they mention something about a restocking fee. I'm going to be pretty p*ssed if they do. Yes I did start up the PC, set up a username and password and then proceeded to customize the Microsoft settings (the bit where you are given the option to share all your data with Microsoft) and then it just suddenly crashed!! It now just hangs on the purple wait one moment screen each time I reboot it. I never got as far as seeing the desktop or surfing the net. There was clearly a problem with it upon first use so I feel like it's not my fault so if they deduct some money off my refund, I think that is really unfair!! It's not like I've used it for a few days and then changed my mind and want to return it. I simply don't want to take any risks with it.

But because I had put in some personal details like my date of birth and email address during the initial start up they might class this as me having used the software even though I never manage to finish customizing the Microsoft settings and surfing the net. To be honest I feel a bit cheated by Dell because I was expecting them to send me a PC that ACTUALLY WORKS but instead I was sent a dud one which crashed the very first time that I tried to use it.

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
coffeepot2000
1 Nickel

Jesse,

I don't suppose you would know whether Dell would give me a full refund (or if they will deduct some money)  under these circumstances? I'm really disappointed that I've been sent a dud one. Dell really should have tested it properly before sending them out to customers. I'm really concerned that they might not give me a FULL REFUND for returning their FAULTY laptop.

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

coffeepot2000,

That would depend on how long you have had the computer. You will need to contact support in the UK. 

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos