Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 12th, 2011 06:00

Native FTP in Windows 7 cannot login to any sites

I am commissioning a new E6510 with Win7 32-bit Professional. I am trying to use the native FTP support by mapping an FTP location to a network drive, however, I can only get this to work for anonymous access and it consistently failed for logged-in access. Yes the username/passwoprd are correct and I can login fine via the CLI, but Windows Explorer just blows rasperberries at me and tells me I probably don't have access.

In the bad old days of using XP I used Interne tNeighborhood which was a great add-on, now put out of business I guess by this facility in theory being incorporated into the OS, however, I am finding the Exploer implementation simply won't connect other than anonymously and Internet Neighborhood (IN) won't work under Win7. It seems there is a 'WebDrive' product that replaced IN but it's $99 for a license with two years support, which is making me thing WinSCP will have to be my solution...a shame as the drag and drop of IN was so nice...

Any ideas on why Explorer can't log into FTP sites, even when provided the username/password?

Thx.../Iain

51 Posts

June 12th, 2011 07:00

Answering my own question...Disable PASSIVE MODE!

Internet options:Advanced

Find option "Use Passive mode" and uncheck...and we're working...

No Events found!