Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2016 17:00

Need Program To Create Recovery Media

I purchased recovery media but it turned out to be only Windows OS. Since it didn't come with drivers and applications, I need the program that will let me create the media from the recovery partition. Can I get this application from Dell? Can anyone help.

• 

16.6K Posts

September 29th, 2016 05:00

wemccullough,

There is no program to make the drivers for your computer like the media creation tool. You would download them from Dell. You could download al the drivers for your computer at the link below and save them to a folder. Once they are all downloaded burn them to a disk or put them on a usb key.,

Dell Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

September 29th, 2016 08:00

Thank you Jesse, but the 'auto detect' tool doesn't support my system and drivers I downloaded for video don't appear to work. I also cannot download Windows updates for some reason. Do you know how I can access the recovery partition to reload?

• 

16.6K Posts

September 29th, 2016 09:00

WEMCCULLOUGH,

What is your computer model and the Operating System installed?

September 29th, 2016 10:00

Jesse - It is an Inspiron 570 running Windows7 Home Premium 64 bit. I just reloaded from another Windows 7 DVD, installed the enet driver,  and all devices loaded automatically. Apparently the CD I purchased is pretty useless. I would really like to be able to recover this box from the recovery partition.

• 

16.6K Posts

September 29th, 2016 10:00

Wemccullough,

If the computer still has recovery partition and it has not become corrupt or the hard drive formatted you can follow the steps below. Did the Windows 7 disk you use come from Dell?  You can click the link below to install the Dell Download Manager. 

How to install the Dell Download Manager

Download Manager FAQ's  You do not need to use the download manager to download drivers. If you do not use download manager you will need to download the drivers 1 at a time. Refer to the above FAQ link

There is also a Driver Install Order. It is best to follow the order so that your hardware will work properly.

Inspiron 570 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

Drivers Help, Tutorials and Install Order

If you need a dell windows disk you can click the link below. 

Windows Restore Disk

Or you can also call Dell at 1-877-717-3355 for a disk. I do not think they cost very much on either site.

How to restore a Windows XP, Vista and 7 Factory Image on your Dell PC

To Use System Restore:

1.Restart your computer.

2.As your computer restarts, press and hold the F8 key before the Windows logo appears to open the Advanced Boot Options menu.

If the Advanced Boot Options menu doesn't appear, restart your computer after the Windows logon prompt appears, and try again.
3.Use the Arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer, and then press Enter.

4.Select your language settings, and click Next.

5.Log on as an administrator, and click OK.

6.Click System Restore, and then click Next.

7.The most recent restore point is the default choice and the best place to start.

8.To choose a different restore point, click the Show more restore points check box, and then click a restore point.

9.Click Next, and then click Finish to confirm your restore point.

10.To start the restore process, click Yes.

11.Once the system restore is complete, click Restart to restart your computer.

September 30th, 2016 09:00

Jesse - For some reason my response to your message above did not get sent.

I purchased the media from Dell. It was supposed to be the recovery media but is only a copy of Windows. Using the media I was able to load Windows. I downloaded (using another computer) and installed the enet driver and could access the internet but could not download Windows updates. I downloaded all drivers I could find at Dell but nothing seemed to work. I have since reloaded from another Windows DVD and everything appears fine except the 'AMD High Definition Audio Device' which shows an error on the driver. I have not tried plugging in speakers which might clear the issue.

I had already tried all usual repair tactics on the box to no avail and finally decided to format and reload. The RECOVERY partition is still there but I have no means of accessing it to use in future. Is there a way to access that partition so I can reload from the original software?

• 

16.6K Posts

September 30th, 2016 10:00

wemccullough,

That is the recovery media. The Windows disk so you can reinstall Windows. If trying the steps that were in my post does not work the recovery is corrupt, you will need to format and reinstall Windows. Also, there is an order to install the drivers that is listed in the post. Once you get your Windows loaded you can do to the link below to register your system and download the software that shipped with the computer.

My Dell Downloads

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 2nd, 2016 05:00

Once you have clean installed Windows using a .iso or Reinstallation DVD your old recovery partition is non-functional and you will be unable to restore to factory settings. To download and clean install Windows 10 RS1 and activate using your Windows 7 OEM key see here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ 

To clean install Windows 7 see here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/a-clean-install-of-windows-7/windows-7-installation/ 

October 3rd, 2016 11:00

If the original data is on the RECOVERY partition I don't understand why the application to reload it cannot be obtained. Perhaps the data is not really on the RECOVERY partition? Why can't I receive a 'Driver and Application' disk specific to my computer prepared by Dell? They should be more qualified than me.

1 Message

February 19th, 2019 17:00

I pulled the files off my drive .. and i can use a windows 7 pro disk i borrowed to boot my pc to dos and i can type in the path to the drive by typing in the x:\> path .. i just type in H: in the X:\> 

It will look like this before i hit enter button 

X:\>H:

I hit the enter button and it will show H:\>

Now all i need is the full path to start the Recovery program to restore the system lol .. does anyone know that command line ? My number is .. i have screen shots of the files so you can see them to write that command .. i would gladly be willing to share them files from std 1 partition. . There are 3 partitions on that drive .. the small one is only 39.5 mb large and it is the program that boots the pc in to recovery mode when you hit the ctrl + F11 key at the Dell logo ... i have the 570 windows 7 Home .. lets work together . I just need a person that knows programming ..

No Events found!