Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 21st, 2013 09:00

Need drivers for Dell Latitude E6520 "Broadcom USH" & "Mass Storage Controller" Windows 7 64 Bit

Need the aforementioned drivers.  I have installed virtually every driver available in the Driver download page inc Control Vault and cannot get the two driver mentioned.

Any help would be appriciated 

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

Check under Security for the Broadcom Unified Security Hub (USH - probably a print/biometric reader) for the device that best matches your hardware:

www.dell.com/.../latitude-e6520

The other "mass storage controller" ... go to Device Manager, right-click the device in question, Properties, Details tab, change dropdown to Hardware Ids and give me the the VEN and DEV ID's (do the same for the above USH device if the driver linked does not work).  

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 21st, 2013 10:00

It is probably equipped to do biometrics, even if the reader was not installed.

The other one is for your card reader:

www.dell.com/.../latitude-e6520

4 Posts

The Broadcom Driver was the correct one many thanks.  EVen though the Laptop does not have a finger print sensor.

Mass Storage Controller

PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_8331&SUBSYS_04941028&REV05

Hope this is correct

4 Posts

Sorry it is an E6520

4 Posts

January 21st, 2013 13:00

Many Thanks

1 Message

March 26th, 2013 10:00

I had the same issue with Dell Latitude E6520.

For Broadcom USH problem:

• I used Dell Client System Update I ran a couple times before it got the right one
  • To install Dell Client system you need: Sys-Man_Application_MJH8R_WN_1.3.0_A00.exe
  • Fyi: This step did not solve my problem with Mass Storage Controller

For Mass Storage Controller problem:

I hope this is helpful some.

2 Posts

November 22nd, 2013 18:00

Hi there what you need is the "Dell Data protection Application" found here for the M6500

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/au/en/aubsd1/DriverDetails/Product/precision-m6500?driverId=X1C1N&osCode=W764&fileId=3286358138&languageCode=en&categoryId=DP

That will install "Dell ControlVault w/o Fingerprint Sensor"

cheers :emotion-15:  I have done the same search a few times :emotion-12:

1 Message

October 6th, 2014 17:00

i have problem with my dell driver

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

October 6th, 2014 18:00

What kind of problem? What driver? What OS? What system?

October 16th, 2014 19:00

I am helping someone with  a Latitude 6530 (mid 2012 model), cant get some drivers to load.  when i did a search it said to do drivers in a certain order, but the list of drivers is NOT the same as the list provided (i am assuming it was a slightly different model).

help i have tried to install windows 4 times, it installs but drivers are not loading, and i have tried all the ones listed that i know what they are.  installing in a certain sequence, to a degree, i can see but this list i found was ridiculous.

it is Windows 7 pro, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Teresa 

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 17th, 2014 01:00

I am helping someone with  a Latitude 6530 (mid 2012 model), cant get some drivers to load.  when i did a search it said to do drivers in a certain order, but the list of drivers is NOT the same as the list provided (i am assuming it was a slightly different model).

help i have tried to install windows 4 times, it installs but drivers are not loading, and i have tried all the ones listed that i know what they are.  installing in a certain sequence, to a degree, i can see but this list i found was ridiculous.

it is Windows 7 pro, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Teresa 

Provide the hardware IDs in particular for the video controllers and network adapters where the system has variants:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-and-installing-dell-system-drivers-in-the-correct-order/checking-hardware-ids-in-the-device-manager/

1 Message

February 11th, 2015 11:00

As Dell seems to constantly move and rename their drivers for some insane reason, I thought that I would share what worked for me and my Dell E6520 after trying every other suggestion unsuccessfully.

The file I needed was under the Security section and was named:

Dell ControlVault Windows Biometric Framework Integrated Driver

This was as of 11 Feb 2015, with a last updated stamp of 05 Mar 2014. If it is updated again at some point, expect the name and possibly the location to change... again.

1 Message

June 25th, 2016 09:00

thank you! Why on God's green earth wouldn't Dell put this software in its rightful place. it took a long time to find someone with the right drivers.

No Events found!