Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

December 16th, 2007 23:00

Need to reinstall Ethernet Controlling Driver???

Hi,
 I just redid my Dell XPS back to new....it has the Windows XP, Service Pack2....but it now I can't get on the internet, I use DSL. I called my provider and he had me go to Control Panel-System-Hardware tab-Device Manager-....and down on Other Devices, there is DVC90, Ethernetnet Controller, RAID Controller...these all have question marks beside them. He said I need to reinstall my Ethernet driver, but I cannot find it on any of the disc that came with the computer. Is there some place simple to go to and download this. When I looked for there seem to be a bunch and I didn't know which one to download and I did try a couple but none worked...one wouldn't even work of the disc. I am having to work off my laptop and load on a disc then to the computer. So any help would be great!!
Rhonda

28K Posts

December 17th, 2007 00:00

We need to know the exact model of your XPS.  Once we know that, we can point you to the correct driver downloads, including the chipset driver, which must be loaded before even attempting to load any other device drivers.

Steve

4 Posts

December 17th, 2007 01:00

I just got it.....it was there just had to look a little hard for it.

Thanks, Rhonda
No Events found!