Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2015 09:00

Need windows 7 dvd or iso file for my dell latitude laptop

Hi,

I have a dell laptop, currently installed with windows xp migrated from  windows 7. i wanted to migrate back to windows 7 and i don't have DVD or ISO file. but i have the product key pasted to the laptop. Please tell me how to get the DVD or ISO. when i tried to download from Microsoft site  , it was giving following message "The product key you entered appears to be for software pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.".

please help me.

Regards,

Santosh

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 1st, 2015 17:00

You cannot download Windows 7 OEM but you can download Windows 10 TH2 and Clean Install:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/

2 Posts

December 5th, 2015 15:00

Appreciate the comment but Win 10 does not work on a Vosto 3550. My system is trashed and I need to restore wit a WIN 7 iso file. I just want to get back to WIN 7 but MS doesn't like my key and neither does a Win 10 installation .

Any place to get the Dell Win 7 Home Premium iso file?

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 10th, 2015 11:00

WIN7 is end of sales.   So you will have to hunt for a 32 bit or 64 bit version of win7 home on EBAY of the Dell Specific Variety.  Microsoft Pulled the ISO downloads for Vista and WIN7.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

December 10th, 2015 11:00

WIN7 is end of sales.   So you will have to hunt for a 32 bit or 64 bit version of win7 home on EBAY of the Dell Specific Variety.

No Events found!