Highlighted
BarbieE
1 Nickel

Never Received Requested Backup Discs, Device Drivers and Utilities

I filled out the form on the Dell page Request Back Up Discs for Us Customers Only, but have not received the requested set of backup discs containing factory-installed operating system as well as the device drivers and utilities specific to my system, a Dell Optiplex GX 270, with resources the most up to date as possible.

I waited a long time in the queue for the online chat only to have that operator tell me she couldn't help me and gave me a phone number to call.

I called that number and was on hold for 55 minutes, and that operator said that I was connected to the Inspiron department, that she needed to connect me to the Optiplex department, and then I was disconnected!

I realize that you are busy, but we are busy too, and this is ridiculous. If a person is transferred, the operator doing the transfer should stay on the line to make sure the transfer goes through .In addition, every operator should first take someone's phone number so that if the call is disconnected the operator can call back. I certainly was not going to call back and be put on hold another 55 minutes and risk being disconnected again.

In the meanwhile I still don't know whether or not my request for these discs was ever processed.

I would like someone to order my discs and expedite their shipment to me.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
14 Replies

Re: Never Received Requested Backup Discs, Device Drivers and Utilities

Hi BarbieE,

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I see that you are in need of windows operating system disks and Drivers and Utilities disks to reinstall it in your Dell computer.

I will check with availability of the operating system which was pre-installed in the computer and resource disk for downloading the drivers and send it to you as soon as possible.

Please private message the system service tag, contact number and registered owner’s name and the address where you want the disks to be sent.
To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation. 

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

0 Kudos
BarbieE
1 Nickel

I don't Facebook, Twitter, or any other social media like that, and don't plan to start now.

I do not want to put my personal info in this forum.

If you have an email address at Dell, I can email the request to you.

0 Kudos
theflash1932
5 Iridium

Facebook, Twitter, etc. isn't necessary.  A private message will not be seen by anyone except for the person you send it to (the above Dell employee).  If you want this resolved according to the method you used to ask, then you will need to Private Message him so he can see what your options are.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

I have been complaining about the state of this service also, please add your vote to my poll here.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
BarbieE
1 Nickel

I answered Nikhil D the way he suggested and he answered me by sending me a link to an online application to fill out to request the discs.

The problem is that I filled out this application several weeks ago and neither received the discs or any response from Dell.

That is why I wrote in this Customer Support forum.

For a customer service representative from Dell to take ownership of this problem and resolve it.

0 Kudos
BarbieE
1 Nickel

I did fill it out again just now, NIkhil D, so I would appreciate it if you would follow up on this personally. Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi BarbieE,

I have received your details in the private message. Please be rest assured, I will be following the case and helping you further.

Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil D
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here

0 Kudos
sam eto
1 Nickel

i olso need recovery cds/dvds ...how can i get....plz ...tell....thnk u

0 Kudos
theflash1932
5 Iridium

Fill out this form:

support.dell.com/.../backupcd_form

I know the OP said she didn't get them after doing so, but USUALLY this is a very reliable and very fast way to get installation disks, particularly for Windows 7.  For the dinosaur XP, all bets are off though.

What OS are you looking for?

0 Kudos