Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2009 11:00

No Recovery Disc - Dell GX260 Desktop

Hello All,

I have a bit of problem regarding the above mentioned PC, the H/Drive has gone to a better place (R.I.P) and i have no XP os recovery disk for this system, i have contacted Dell support for a recovery disk copy for this model but they were not forthcoming (although they were very helpful)  the end result of the conversation was that i should (1) Lend an OEM copy off a friend, Search Ebay for a copy, buy a new retail xp lcence or search the internet. I have looked at all options including spending hours searching the net - (None found) and the possibllity of purchasing a new  xp licence - (Not practical at moment) . I am hoping that somebody out there can help me out preferably by loaning, selling etc a GX260 recovery disc, otherwise i will end up with the most expensive paper-weight in history! Any sound advice or offers regarding obtaining these disks would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks to those who comment.  :emotion-2:          

2.4K Posts

March 23rd, 2009 11:00

Hello All,

I have a bit of problem regarding the above mentioned PC, the H/Drive has gone to a better place (R.I.P) and i have no XP os recovery disk for this system, i have contacted Dell support for a recovery disk copy for this model but they were not forthcoming (although they were very helpful)  the end result of the conversation was that i should (1) Lend an OEM copy off a friend, Search Ebay for a copy, buy a new retail xp lcence or search the internet. I have looked at all options including spending hours searching the net - (None found) and the possibllity of purchasing a new  xp licence - (Not practical at moment) . I am hoping that somebody out there can help me out preferably by loaning, selling etc a GX260 recovery disc, otherwise i will end up with the most expensive paper-weight in history! Any sound advice or offers regarding obtaining these disks would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks to those who comment.  :emotion-2:          

If you are in the US

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/backupcd_form?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&redirect=1

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Windows-Operating-System-Reinstallation/dp/B000M02L32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1237828532&sr=8-1

March 23rd, 2009 13:00

helmecj01

My apologies didn't see the other link you mentioned  http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Windows-Operating-System-Reinstallation/dp/B000M02L32/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1237828532&sr=8-1, many thanks my friend for finding this info it's just the ticket!
Kind Regards
A-Technophobe

March 23rd, 2009 13:00

Hi helmecj01

I am in the UK,  unfortunately i have tried the US with no luck (completed all forms required etc) but they told me to contact Dell EU, and as stated above no luck there either...so the search goe's on......and on!

Thanks for taking the time to comment though

No Events found!