Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 12th, 2014 19:00

OEM Windows 7 64 Bit- Product Activation

I recently bought a OEM Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64- Bit operating system, unfortunately I am unable to find any product key to conduct the installation on the DVD itself  or the packaging. I wonder where to obtain the key code or how to activate windows? 

I am grateful for any advice!

Sarah

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 12th, 2014 20:00

Generic OEM? or did you purchase a Dell installation disk to reinstall the OS on an existing Dell computer that came with Windows 7?

If generic OEM, then it should have come with a product key.

If a Dell OEM disc, you should not need to enter a product key, but if you are prompted for one, then you will need to get the product key off the COA sticker on your computer.

January 13th, 2014 18:00

Thank you so much for your reply.
In fact, I purchased a Dell OEM Disc with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and want to install windows on my old PC.
After the installation I am asked to enter a product key but I don't have any, there is no COA sticker on my computer.

What can I do? 

Thanks, 
Sarah

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

January 13th, 2014 19:00

What model of computer are you trying to install it on?  What OS did that computer ship from Dell with?

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

January 13th, 2014 19:00

It doesn't sound like your Dell is equipped for 'System-Locked Pre-activation' (SLP) for Windows 7.

To activate, you'll need to purchase a copy of Windows; Newegg or Amazon are good sources.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

January 14th, 2014 05:00

I recently bought a OEM Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64- Bit operating system, unfortunately I am unable to find any product key to conduct the installation on the DVD itself  or the packaging. I wonder where to obtain the key code or how to activate windows? 

I am grateful for any advice!

Sarah

Where did you get the DVD? What model of Dell are you using?

7 Posts

March 30th, 2016 14:00

Unable to see product key on COA sticker b'cause the sticker is faded.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

March 30th, 2016 23:00

Unable to see product key on COA sticker b'cause the sticker is faded.

What model? Press [Windows] and [ r ] and type in msinfo32 and press [Enter] tell me the BIOS revision and model number.

What Operating System is currently installed Windows 7 or Windows 10?

7 Posts

April 1st, 2016 12:00

bios version is a15 and model is inspiron n5010 and os is windows 7 ultimate

No Events found!