Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 16th, 2016 06:00

Plugged in charging but not charging

I own dell latitude e6410 and had its bttery replaced bout 4 months ago. the battery did good giving me 4 hrs backup (9 cell). now whe i hover above the battery icon in the taskbar it says 0% available plugged in charging.................but not actually charging i've tried the power button thingy and uninstalling and re installing the battery driver, didn't work for me. what should i do??

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 16th, 2016 17:00

:emotion-2:

Laptop Battery not charging "plugged in, not charging" FREE FIX plus Laptop Battery Tips & Tricks:

www.youtube.com/watch

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 16th, 2016 17:00

:emotion-2:

Update System Setup (BIOS):

https://youtu.be/mWn9YfxtYBo

3 Posts

January 19th, 2016 06:00

tried, updated from a 10   to a16  didnt work

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 19th, 2016 07:00

What version of windows you're running ? Windows 7- 32 or 64bits, vista, XP ? Windows 10 ?

3 Posts

January 21st, 2016 12:00

win 7 32 bit and i did the right one

1 Message

March 8th, 2016 18:00

I have owned 5 Dell Laptops over the past 12 years. Since Windows 7 There is something wrong with the code in dell's configuration or bios. NOONE will address the issue. I have seen this happen in MANY support sites, and in person. "0% Battery plugged in, not charging". If  you let your battery die while you are logged into windows 7 or 10, You have about 75% chance of getting this message. Sorry there is no update that I know of, there is no setting that has worked and I have tried 8 different recommendations. Nothing worked. So I bought new batteries and new chargers several times and it was pissing me off. So it happened to a 10 day old battery. I had this idea to put it in my other dell laptop while it was plugged in and LOGGED IN to Windows. I had tried everything but that! It started charging my battery! I let it charge to 50% then put in the original Dell, booted up and it showed 50% avail, charging. I couldn't believe it! I then charged up FOUR "dead" batteries for these two laptops. Using that method. So now I have six batteries and I rotate them I NEVER LET MY DELL DIE! Sorry, but your only solution is to flush money or find a friend who has a compatible model that will let you charge it up. Or buy another Dell. But support has never acknowledged this issue.

No Events found!