Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 20th, 2017 10:00

Power Manager Lite

My battery had recently died and I haven't had the time or money to buy a new one. My Dell laptop, which I only bought not even a full year ago, still works as long as it's plugged into a power source. The problem is, and it's the biggest nuisance ever, is that the Dell Power Manager Lite notifies me all the time that my battery isn't working or something along the lines of it. It's extremely annoying because it pops up every few minutes or seconds even and interrupts important things. I've done everything I can to try to turn off the notifications, as there is no real option to turn them off. I can't uninstall this program as it's nowhere in my files. Control panel has no way to uninstall it either. I am stuck with the most annoying popup notification. My question is, how can I turn off power manager lite notifications or uninstall the program completely when there are no straight options?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 20th, 2017 18:00

" My Dell laptop, which I only bought not even a full year ago ",

If the system has warranty, I suggest you keep Dell's standard battery warranty in mind:

Dell Official Site: Laptop Battery FAQ | Dell

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 20th, 2017 18:00

:emotion-2:

Pease list Dell model number and version of windows. Ex: Dell XPS 9530, windows 10

I'm assuming when you check for Dell Manager Lite in Control Panel, you click Programs, and then Programs & Features ? By the way, do you remember the exact battery message (notification)? Does the message says "Plugged in,not charging" or " battery is not present" ?

2 Posts

June 20th, 2017 20:00

The system model is Insperion 5559 and it's Windows 10. The popup will say anything from "Your battery no longer operates and needs to be replaced" and "Your battery can no longer provide sufficient power to your system and needs to be replaced." I get that I need a new battery, however I rarely use it unplugged so there is no reason for it to continuously pop up. I looked under control panel and in the files and nothing related to Power Manager Lite shows up.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 21st, 2017 07:00

Look for Dell Command | Power Manager instead of Power Manager Lite. Type Programs & Features onto [Cortana] search box, and then look for it. If you don't find it there, type Settings onto search box, click System, Apps & Features, click on it and then uninstall. You can check out additional information in the link below:

Dell Power Manager Removal Guide - How to Uninstall Dell ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 21st, 2017 07:00

:emotion-2:

Now, even though you're able to uninstall Dell Power Manager, the battery notification probably will still appear. I suggest you remove the battery and run system with only AC adapter power. Keep in mind, the system will still operate without the battery. Please remove adapter before removing battery.

April 25th, 2018 18:00

if you uninstall quicksetx64 , dell power manager lite will be uninstalled

1 Message

September 25th, 2019 12:00

Success!

Thank you very much for this concise and straightforward answer. There is nothing in the old Programs & Features or the new Apps & Features actually called Dell Power Manager Lite. Once I uninstalled the Quickset app I was good. 

Once I removed that I was able to add the newest Dell Power Manager. 

No Events found!