Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 8th, 2011 14:00

Problems receiving emails

Help please!  I currently have a laptop and desktop PC and am using Outlook 2010 on the laptop and Windows Mail on the PC to check email from my talktalk account.  While the PC is able to receive all the emails, the laptop seems only to display emails sporadically - is this because the PC was the original machine that I set up to receive emails, or is there something I can do to enable both machines to receive all emails?  Any help gratefully received!!!

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

August 10th, 2011 15:00

The only way around this is to set one (the laptop) or both computers to Leave a Copy on the Server. If that is not set the first computer downloads the mail and the second will have nothing to download. Just be sure to set the length of time to keep the mail on the server if you have both computers set to leave mail on server so the server does not get clogged with old mail. I would set the desktop to collect the mail and NOT leave it on the server, while the laptop always leaves it on the server.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

August 8th, 2011 16:00

You need to change settings in outlook. Select the send/recieve tab

Select send receive groups. Select define send/receive groups

Change the time from 30 minutes to something much shorter like 1 minute and outlook should sync much more regularly.

August 10th, 2011 14:00

Thanks for this.  I have made these changes, but the laptop (with Outlook 2010) only seems to be receiving emails that are sent when it is turned on and the PC is turned off.  Is this normal, or is there a fix so that both machines can receive all the emails?

No Events found!