Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 28th, 2013 13:00

Question on Inspiron 5110 15 R and "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" Driver

In Dells' "Windows 8 Upgrade Checklist", Article ID: 575112, they recommend updates to certain drivers when migrating to Windows 8.  One in particular has me puzzled, that is their listing an "Intel Rapid Storage Technology" driver. The confusion is stemming from I can locate no driver with that name on their driver support site for the Inspiron N5110, either within the Win 7 or 8 listings. Do I actually need this driver, or will Windows 8 supply it. If the latter does not and it is needed, where can I locate the driver in light of the fact that it is not listed in driver support? Thanks again in advance for any and all help offered..

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

March 28th, 2013 17:00

According to the FTP site, Windows 8 likely has a driver, as it lists this one for XP/V/7 ,but not 8:

ftp.dell.com/.../inspiron-15r-n5110.html ATA

Drivers are found under Serial ATA on the Support Site, but, again, none are listed for W8, which normally means it is unnecessary.

11 Posts

March 28th, 2013 13:00

Oops, I found the driver for Win 7 and have downloaded it from a link on a posting here. But, I I guess I still am confused since it is not listed in the Win 8 upgrades on Dell's driver support site. Can anyone offer me some clarity on this>

22 Posts

November 27th, 2014 23:00

When I go to that needed link, I get

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

This web address works:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15r-n5110/drivers

After installing the Serial ATA driver, I ran Sheldon's cmd sequence, restarted the PC, and windows updates finally worked.

No Events found!