jthomas5150
1 Copper

Quickset not saving NIC options

Hi.  I have a Latitude D410.  When I make a change to the NIC notification to disable the message, it loses its setting on restart.  As a matter of fact, when I make any changes to this page, it does not save.  Any suggestions?  This is a fresh install of the OS.  It did it before I reformated as well.  I am running XP SP3 and the Quickset ver. is 8.1.10.  Everything else works great.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mary G
6 Indium

Re: Quickset not saving NIC options

Did you install the Notebook System Software first along with the Chipset drivers? That has to be done first or other drivers do not install properly. Get it at your download page under System Utilities.

You do realize that this setting is only for your wired ethernet card, not your wireless, don't you? Has nothing to do with your wireless and will not apply if you are not wired to your router. You have 2 network cards--one wired and one wireless.

0 Kudos
jthomas5150
1 Copper

I installed the Dell Utility first, then the Intel Drivers, then the NIC driver.  Any other suggestions?

And yes, I understand it is only for the wired card.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
jthomas5150
1 Copper

I fixed it!  I had to downgrade my vesion of Quickset.  There was a bug in the most recent version.

0 Kudos