Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

September 10th, 2005 12:00

Quicktime 7 for XP/2000 released

Try to contain your excitement: Quicktime 7 for Windows XP/2000 has finally been released out of beta.  This version is bundled with iTunes, whether you want it or not.  I haven't tried version 7 yet, I'll wait until Quicktime automatically installs it. 

2K Posts

September 10th, 2005 16:00

LOL!!! :D

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 10th, 2005 17:00

Ahh, a couple of QT fans just like me.  I don't have QT, iTunes or an iPod!   

September 10th, 2005 21:00

You may be interested in this proud announcement from Apple that QT 7.02 "fixes many bugs found in earlier versions."  Apple then notes that installing version 7.02 "disables version 5/6" and requires a $30 key to use the new version.  What a great deal!

2K Posts

September 10th, 2005 22:00

I'm sorry to admit I use Itunes, because I like to download music. There is a nifty program that gets rid of the stupid DRM.

I used to use Buymusic.com, but their library is limited. Just today, I found out Itunes had the original version of "96 tears" by ? and the Mysterians!! It used to be only available on Records.

Also, the New Rolling Stones Album is available!!! I downloaded 96 tears, and 1 song from the RS album.

I also am sorry to admit I have QT, because I cannot get Firefox to play midi's without it with page 2 of my webpage.

I swear!! I only have QT to play midi's in Firefox!!! I tried QT alternative, but it wouldn't work in Firefox.

Well, at least last year in August, I got rid of AOL after using it for almost 2 1/2 years!!

I'm getting there!!

2.5K Posts

September 11th, 2005 01:00

96 Tears by ? And The Mysterians is availabe from http://www.70traveler.com The service costs about $35.00/year.  All tracks are in Real Audio format

2K Posts

September 11th, 2005 07:00

The QT alternative will PLAY the file that is already on the computer. But if I go to play a midi file using the Firefox browser(on a webpage), it won't play. Of course, I haven't researched why I couldn't get it to work. I have "Real Alternative". It has a bug.

If I play a "Real" file on it, if I stop the play, it won't start again if I press play. But that's minor, I can just close RA, and reopen the file with RA.

Other file types don't behave this way.

I could never find the digital version of ?------ until yesterday. I heard it on the oldies station for years. I even emailed some lady that works there. She told me it wasn't available on CD (earlier this year). So I got the 45 from ebay. It didn't sound as good.
I listen to KLOU 103 in St. Louis. I've listened to it since they became an oldies station (1980's?)

And another thing, lol, I have DB poweramp, and I can convert AAC/M4P's to mp3's. (after removing drm)

Nice to hear from you, Goonboy. :)

Edit: I installed Itunes 5.0, and it didn't work right. Gave me a notice about my registry, and Cd burning program, and to reinstall I-tunes (I uninstalled 4.9 first) so I reinstalled 5.0, and got the same notice when opening Itunes. So, I used GoBack to revert it all back to 4.9.

I am thinking about joining the other download site, when I got $35 or so to spare.

Edit #2

I tried again, this time disabling Roxio Engine Utility, then installing Itunes 5 on top of 4.9. It works fine.

Just thought I'd update you all.

Message Edited by msil217 on 09-11-2005 09:27 AM

4.4K Posts

September 13th, 2005 15:00

You can download freestanding QT 7 (without iTunes) if you wish. It is the final release:

As I'm in the UK, I use this site:

http://www.apple.com/uk/quicktime/download/standalone.html

I aloso block the item it wants to put into \run key and then it behaves perfectly when needed.

It will uninstall any previous version on install.

Message Edited by JRosenfeld on 09-13-2005 05:17 PM

3K Posts

April 3rd, 2022 05:00

I miss quality content like this. :-þ

No Events found!