Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 9th, 2009 16:00

ROXIO PROBLEMS

HI :emotion-42:

I'm not sure if I am in the right forum but I'm sure you'll tell me. :emotion-5:Have a dimension 2350 desktop 128mb (:emotion-8: yeah I'm working on it) that I'm working on for someone. Had to format it there were too many issues after up dating everything I thought I had up dated the Roxio easy cd creator from the dell support sight but evidently I haven't and it seems I can't. I'm trying to install  AVG and it tells me the roxio needs to be up dated .I have gone to the sight and tried to up date the #8 version as it is  the closes to the version that dell support gave me.(5.2.3.5 I think).but it won't let me up date saying I need it . All I want to do is either up date roxio /easy cd creator or disable it so I can finish installing AVG. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.:emotion-5:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 10th, 2009 03:00

bigtrucks,

Open Roxio. Click on help, check for updates. It should look for updates and update. In order to install AVG or any other virus program, you first have to remove the other virus programs, like McAffee. Restarting the computer after un-installing a program is a MUST.

If you cannot install AVG after trying to update Roxio, then try installing FREE Avast Home Edition register for a key, good for 1 year. When the time is up, then register again. It has a real good real-time scanner., I have been using this for years.

Rick

2.2K Posts

April 10th, 2009 10:00

You can also try to update Roxio Platinum or Basic to version 5.3.5 from the link below. http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/ecdc/software_updates.html

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 10th, 2009 14:00

bigtrucks,

Yes, it is safe to remove this. It will most likely install if you put the disk back in. It can run on it's own.

Also, could you mark the verify andswer on the post, yes mark your own post, on how you solved your problem.

The Dell Resource CD can analize your system and it also has the drivers needed if you do a clean installation. There is a set order but in most cases, we suggest that if a clean installation happens you follow these instructions.

How to Install Drivers in Microsoft® Windows® on Dell Systems

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 12th, 2009 23:00

bigtrucks,

Safe to remove what? What will likely install if you put the disk back in?

Please uncheck the verified answer on your one post as this thread looks solved and there is a possibility that no one will look in this thread. I have to work a long day today, so maybe someone else will read this post and get you going until I get back on Monday evening.

Rick

4 Posts

April 10th, 2009 10:00

Hello PudgyOne,

First off let me thank you for a quick response. In Lew of your answer it was all  previously done and that's why I was here. As far as Avast goes(a great program I will agree) it's too much for this PC right now until I can up grade the ram . There is only 128MB from factory , which was good for the owner in the beginning but  as years went by more things were added to it with out realizing what they were doing.(we're talking about a person in their 80's who basically just wanted to send and receive mail look at her pic's and listen to music). Not knowing that they had to do up dates and keep up with security  she lagged about 2-3 years of doing so,and that's where I came in. I wasn't really That knowledgeable with Dell or it's software products until now.(still don't know as much as I should) I have been going through MajorGeeks Forum to get added info I needed for a clean secured PC(which is another reason I was here)

I don't know why I didn't think of it before but when you mentioned about Roxio Help . I realized that is where I should have gone to first. I joined their community and found someone to whom had the same problem as I and  just followed their path so-to-speak. The answer was there. Once again thank you  for your quick response and services. I have added the link for the Proper up date needed for the Easy CD Creator 5 if  someone is up grading AVG 8.5 Free.

Update your CDR4 module with the updater  http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/mserr/cdr4_7.html 

BTW:  I wanted to ask about the Dell Resource CD in the Add or Remove Program. When I loaded the resource CD it put a file in the A OR R section. Seeing how I have the CD can I safely remove this ?

* I noticed we were nieghbors at one time. I was born in S.W. Philey. Still have some family up there.   

4 Posts

April 12th, 2009 19:00

" Yes, it is safe to remove this. It will most likely install if you put the disk back in. It can run on it's own."

I uninstalled the program and now some of my other programs for the pc won't operate and I loose my taskbar when I try to run a program. Now What?

IN Post No#3

The Dell Resource CD can analize your system and it also has the drivers needed if you do a clean installation. There is a set order but in most cases, we suggest that if a clean installation happens you follow these instructions.

No Events found!