Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2016 22:00

Re Installing Windows 7 to dell inspiron

I have a dell Inspiron N5110. I purchased it with windows Home Premium but I had to reinstall windows, but I couldn't back up windows and  by the time of purchase I didn't get a windows 7 OS cd as well. Therefore I am unable to re-install windows although I have a product key for windows 7. 

How can I obtain Windows 7 home premuim. I would be really grateful if you can help with this.

• 

16.7K Posts

March 24th, 2016 11:00

pj,

If you are within your warranty you can click the link below to request backup media. If you are not within your warranty you will need to purchase the disk. The second link provides information on purchasing the disk.

Request Backup & Recovery Discs for your system (US, Canada and UK only)

Windows Restore Disk

For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number. Click my name in blue then on the next page click where it says send private message

6 Posts

March 24th, 2016 12:00

My laptop is not within the warranty period.  Is the site you have mentioned reliable? Does it ship worldwide?  Isn't there a way to request a copy from Dell itself?

• 

16.7K Posts

March 25th, 2016 09:00

pj,

The site is reliable for ordering. I have no information if they ship worldwide. You can click the link below to purchase Windows 7 from Dell. You could also look on Microsoft's website as well

Windows 7 OS Disk

No Events found!