Highlighted
E.Silh
1 Copper

Re activating old OS (W7 Pro 64 Bit)

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am trying to re use Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit which came originally with Alienware laptop, which I no longer use and I want to set the Windows on my new desktop (non Alienware).

On windows activation I get the following message:

a problem occured when windows tried to activate error code 0xC004E003 (the error code means The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed).

I have tried several options:

* downloaded legitcheck from Microsoft but it did not work
* tried replacing my product key with cmd / slmgr
* called Microsoft they were asking for installation ID which I don't have the option to see, also the product ID I have given them was invalid, they were suggesting to contact you directly and ask for product KEY?

I have the original cd, a copy of the product ID and CD Key. The Windows sticker with the product information at the back of the laptop is no longer readable. I could also look for service tag number if needed.

Is there any solution to this?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

RE: Re activating old OS (W7 Pro 64 Bit)

Jump to solution

The version of Windows 7 which came with your Alienware Laptop is OEM and the OEM license is non-transferable. Dell/Alienware Windows 7 OEM can only be installed on hardware which has the Dell/Alienware Windows 7 OEM license.

Note: Dell/Alienware Windows 7 Pro OEM can be installed on supported new Dell/Alienware hardware which shipped with Windows 8.1 Pro OEM or Windows 10 Pro OEM by use of OEM Downgrade Rights.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

The version of Windows 7 which came with your Alienware Laptop is OEM and the OEM license is non-transferable. Dell/Alienware Windows 7 OEM can only be installed on hardware which has the Dell/Alienware Windows 7 OEM license.

Note: Dell/Alienware Windows 7 Pro OEM can be installed on supported new Dell/Alienware hardware which shipped with Windows 8.1 Pro OEM or Windows 10 Pro OEM by use of OEM Downgrade Rights.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
E.Silh
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you for the answer, I missed this somehow.

0 Kudos