Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 29th, 2017 09:00

Re activating old OS (W7 Pro 64 Bit)

Hello,

I am trying to re use Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit which came originally with Alienware laptop, which I no longer use and I want to set the Windows on my new desktop (non Alienware).

On windows activation I get the following message:

a problem occured when windows tried to activate error code 0xC004E003 (the error code means The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed).

I have tried several options:

* downloaded legitcheck from Microsoft but it did not work
* tried replacing my product key with cmd / slmgr
* called Microsoft they were asking for installation ID which I don't have the option to see, also the product ID I have given them was invalid, they were suggesting to contact you directly and ask for product KEY?

I have the original cd, a copy of the product ID and CD Key. The Windows sticker with the product information at the back of the laptop is no longer readable. I could also look for service tag number if needed.

Is there any solution to this?

Thank you.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

March 29th, 2017 10:00

The version of Windows 7 which came with your Alienware Laptop is OEM and the OEM license is non-transferable. Dell/Alienware Windows 7 OEM can only be installed on hardware which has the Dell/Alienware Windows 7 OEM license.

Note: Dell/Alienware Windows 7 Pro OEM can be installed on supported new Dell/Alienware hardware which shipped with Windows 8.1 Pro OEM or Windows 10 Pro OEM by use of OEM Downgrade Rights.

2 Posts

March 29th, 2017 12:00

Thank you for the answer, I missed this somehow.

No Events found!