Highlighted
Not applicable

Recovery D almost full

When I open it what am I to remove to make space? This whole back up thing always gives me trouble. I used two disks and backed up my main drive (I think). So I just want to clean out the D drive so it will do its job again. Talk simple instructions please.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Re: Recovery D almost full

The only  job the D partition had was to hold the image file for system recovery. You have ruined it by using it for backups. That partition is actually on the C drive you are backing up, so it would be useless when the drive fails. Backups should be to a completely different drive like an external hard drive. Windows is not able to distinguish partitions from separate drives, so it mistakenly allowed you to backup to the D partition.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: Recovery D almost full

did you ever get a satisfactory answer to your post?  I am experiencing the same thing.  Everyone keeps telling us that we shouldn't use the 😧 drive for backups and that it will ruin the files if we ever need to restore the factory settings.  WELL DUH!  I know.  I don't care!!  I have the original CD's to restore it with.  I am just tired of the popup box telling me it is full!!!!!

Hal

0 Kudos