Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2007 12:00

Reformatting PC using recovery partition

Dell has shipped the computer with a partition E:\ called recovery. I guess it is possible to reformat the PC using this partition.

I have reformatted PC using CD and DVD but NOT a partition. Any suggestions how I can do it from recovery partition E:\.

Dell didn't supply me any manual or writeup to enable me do the same.

4.4K Posts

October 24th, 2007 14:00

The recovery partition is to set the system back to day one. Now if you want to do a clean install you will need the vista DVD.

43 Posts

October 24th, 2007 15:00

@boppo wrote:
The recovery partition is to set the system back to day one. Now if you want to do a clean install you will need the vista DVD.

Is there anyway to update this recovery to the present date? Any freeware stuff that does this job.

2.9K Posts

October 24th, 2007 18:00

Have a look here. It will image the system but it is not included with Home Basic or Home Premium.

2.9K Posts

Acronis True Image (NOT free) and an external USB hard drive. You could also use Vista's own backup utility.

43 Posts

@Rebel9 wrote:
Acronis True Image (NOT free) and an external USB hard drive. You could also use Vista's own backup utility.

Is Vista's backup utility capable of imaging operating system as well?

2.9K Posts

I don't know of any free imaging software. TI isn't terribly expensive and it is very highly regarded.

43 Posts

@Rebel9 wrote:
Have a look here. It will image the system but it is not included with Home Basic or Home Premium.

Mine is Home Premium. So it is ruled out.
No Events found!