Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

K

October 17th, 2012 10:00

Reinstall Dell devices

Hi,

I've recently been infected by a virus that has deleted all my programmes (But none antimalware and McAfee had been able to detect it yet...)

I lost a lot of datas, including all Dell devices and other such as Accelerometer P11, Dell Datasafe (local and online), Dell Stage, Dell Webcame central, etc.

When I try to uninstall them (They still are in the control panel), a message tell me there are source files missing.

Most have even lost shorcut direction but the few that didn't tell me that 'the program stop running' when i try to start them

Any kind of help would be very welcome :)

(I'm on XPS 17, still under warranty)

Thank you !

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 17th, 2012 15:00

The installers can be obtained in My Dell Downloads

However I would recommend backing up your computer and either restoring to the factory settings or performing a clean install of windows 7 as it seems the infection has done alot of damage to your system and it may perform less well then it did originally (even if the infection is removed).

October 18th, 2012 12:00

Okay thank you for the fast response and the tutorial for My Dell Downloads, I tried it a few times but never worked...

Do you know if I can copy the programs shat still are on my C: and paste them after having restored the factory settings ?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 18th, 2012 15:00

You need to reinstall all programs again, they can't simply be copied from the Folder.

You will need the instalelrs for the programs you have installed.

No Events found!